GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 09/23, 10/14 and again today (10/24) I emailed Kennedy to find out what I need to get an FRS radio to function. Since I have several other things (of theirs) on the bike, and since their list of radios is old I need to figure out what exactly I need to get this integrated. Still haven't heard from them. The info is below. Any ideas?

"I need some info...

I want to add Motorola SX700 series FRS radio to the GW.

I have the auxswitchset2, isoset2, and mic-mutes with passenger PTT already installed. What do I need to get this working?

Cheers. "

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
We installed the 'auxset 2' (I think) and can use CB or FRS in the trunk at will. We chose to put it into the CB space, of course. :)

We don't have the other stuff soI don't know if they interfere in your setup or what. Have you actually tried it and have it not work?

You use the PTT on the left handlebar to talk and set the bike to intercom to get it to work with your headsets.

David M.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David M. said:
We installed the 'auxset 2' (I think) and can use CB or FRS in the trunk at will. We chose to put it into the CB space, of course. :)

We don't have the other stuff soI don't know if they interfere in your setup or what. Have you actually tried it and have it not work?

You use the PTT on the left handlebar to talk and set the bike to intercom to get it to work with your headsets.

David M.
Thanks for the reply.

Since the harnasses listed on the kennedy site don't list the newer radio models I haven't a clue which ones would work with this radio. I've emailed Kennedy on 3 occasions with no response... I'm looking for alternatives now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Kennedy is no different than any other vendor trying to keep up with changing technology - there's no way they can know about every model of FRS radio and its' compatibility to their equipment.

The only thing you've got installed on the intercom harness (the FRSSet point of connection to the bike) is the Mic-Mutes and you'll want to install the FRSet connector closest to the the bike's intercom harness plug so that the Mic-Mutes break the headset connection and not the connection from the FRS radio.

Why do you have an IsoSet installed with an AuxSwitchSet? The AuxSwitchSet should provide the necessary GLI isolation.

Have you tried picking up the phone and calling them? 316-776-1111

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jon said:
Kennedy is no different than any other vendor trying to keep up with changing technology - there's no way they can know about every model of FRS radio and its' compatibility to their equipment.

The only thing you've got installed on the intercom harness (the FRSSet point of connection to the bike) is the Mic-Mutes and you'll want to install the FRSet connector closest to the the bike's intercom harness plug so that the Mic-Mutes break the headset connection and not the connection from the FRS radio.

Why do you have an IsoSet installed with an AuxSwitchSet? The AuxSwitchSet should provide the necessary GLI isolation.

Have you tried picking up the phone and calling them? 316-776-1111
Thanks I appreciate the info.

I don't assume Kennedy hasn't stayed current on technology. I believe they do a good job of that. What isn't current is the web site - which is a different matter entirely. Being in business myself I understand the difficulty of staying current and reflecting what we know online. (I'm involved with both.)

I hadn't considered the GLI isolation effect of the auxswitch. Thanks.

I only use the phone to call 911 or accept a lotto jackpot. <g>

Cheers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jjambor said:
i keep replying, but never hear back. junk mail filter a bit aggressive?
Jon:

The filters aren't that aggressive... We provide email service to others so we can't do a lot of filtering at the server.

Since we don't find your ip in any of the server logs until today, there must've been a problem at isp level. Lost sock syndrome - :shock:

At any rate, you provided the info I needed. I will recap in the event someone else is looking for this info. I appreciate your effort.

FRSET4
1800 Type 2 intercom harness
SPTA Long radio harness
PTT interface.

That last item will need to be modified by mic mutes to make it compatible with his system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts