GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FRSet4 interface I used on my '02 wing and would now like to use it on the '07 I just traded for. My question, when I removed the left pocket to connect - it sure looks different under there than the '02 did.

Where is the intercom pigtail plug located the FRSet4 wiring harness connects to? It sure looks like the intercom pigtail cord goes back up under the top shelter toward the radio instead of being located right there under the left pocket - is this true? Does this require the removal of the top shelter to connect the Kennedy FRSet setup?

Thanks for any info - if the '07 is all that much different, I might have to upgrade my shop manual from the '02 to a new '07.

Ken H>

·
Registered
55 Posts
The harness did change on the 06 model. I do not know what it was like before but on my 06 the plug is still under the left pocket. You should just have to follow the helmet plug back to the connector under the pocket.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Check with Jon from Kennedy. You should be able to make all of your connections under the seat using the passenger PTT and intercom connectors.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just double checked and my intercom pigtail cord goes from the outside plug inside to wrap behind the breather intake, then back up under the top shelter - this is an '07.

I pulled the cord from behind the intake to the outside, then I can feel up under the edge of the top shelter and feel the plug where the cord connects. That is the plug I need to reach, but not sure there is enough slack in the inside cable to bring the plug outside or not.

Thanks for the input. Yes, Jon was my first impluse, but didn't figure he was be around on this holiday weekend.

Ken H>

·
Registered
755 Posts
Here is a link to the install instructions for the PTT. Shows where to hook up under the seat. FRS can go there too. I think there is a set if instructions and pics for that too but I can't locate it on the Kennedy site.

http://www.cellset.com/65123R1.pdf

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link Bill, but that is for the PTT which I have - I do hope the PTT will install the same on the '07 as on the '02 where I had it installed for my 2 meter VHF.... The concern I have is the intercom pigtail cord at the front. The plug for it seems to be a bit hard to get to.

73 de Ken H>
K9FV

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Ken,

The change was made in 03 and has been the same since. Just remove the headlight adjuster panel along with the left pocket and you'll find the connector that you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Driver Headset plug.

I had to extend the wires on the cell set box that I have when I put it on my 06. There is not really any place to put the box "under the shelter" making wire extension the best option. When Honda removed the headset wires out of the "main" harness bundle, they made the new harness a minimal length and did not put it in a convenient reach location like the original harness that had two "optional" use plugs (aux & power).

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Morph, I hadn't thought of removing the headlight adjuster. That will make it fairly easy - thanks for the info.

DDL, I can see if the box had not pigtails it would make it harder...... Heck, I had even thought about cutting the intercom cord and installing plugs there to make it easier.

Ken H>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts