• No Way, makes me want to gag...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been called that many times, usually by my Darling Wife :D

The Question is, Do you like Fruit cake.
I love it....
but only about two out of every ten people I know, likes it.

I know some people that have thrown it away every year because a relative gave it to them as a gift.

To keep this On-Topic .. I rode my Titanium Goldwing, (the second fastest color) to get some fruit cake last weekend.... 8)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I love the stuff to. My mother in law makes one of the best I have ever had. Afew year ago I got her to start soaking them in rum. She now wrapes them in cheese cloth and drizzles rum over them for several days. They are moist and tast so good. I have gone so far as to give one to the director of my department and he never like it before until he ate one of her's. I still have a job so it must be good.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
You all know that " You are what ya eat" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just funning, I don't know how you all eat that stuff :eat2: :mad1:
but, to each their own....

I don't do raw Oysters, Mountain Oysters(oh my gosh) pig brains, souse, or any slimy food!!!!!!! But, I do love escargot...go figure?

Here's to the Holiday Food....keep t coming :eat2:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My mother use to make one a couple of months before Christmas and every day would pour blackberry wine over it and let it soak it up. If you then put it in a dirty sock and squeezed out the wine and drank it it was not bad, cake still was not worth a crap though. ruins and darn good sock.

·
Registered
442 Posts
KYBLUE: I was born in Harrodsburg, KY, one Grandmother lived in Louisville and the other Lived in Somerset. I was rased on hog brains and scrambled eggs. I don't eat no snales. When I was working out of Louisville in the late 80s' I remember hearing some folks in Ohio and Indiana talking about eating turkey fries :roll: now thats one for the books, but I guess it's not as bad as mountain oysters.

·
Registered
442 Posts
GP Young said:
Are we talking home made or store bought

Yea I guess that should have been part of the poll. There is a diff.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Shoundog said:
KYBLUE: I was born in Harrodsburg, KY, one Grandmother lived in Louisville and the other Lived in Somerset. I was rased on hog brains and scrambled eggs. I don't eat no snales. When I was working out of Louisville in the late 80s' I remember hearing some folks in Ohio and Indiana talking about eating turkey fries :roll: now thats one for the books, but I guess it's not as bad as mountain oysters.
Not snals, escargot!!!! :lol: :lol: dems high class snals :lol:
wife calls them "slugs with houses"!!!!!!

Funny stuff we all eat.....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Who is Fruit Cake?? :lol: :lol:

Oh, that stuff. Sorry!! No I don't like it. :a13:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Love it the way Mom did it.
Make several and put them in a sealed container in a cool dark place.
Setting time a minimum of 1 year.
So this years cake was made last year.
Good eats.
TR

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Fruit Cake

You mean people actrually eat the fruit cake!? I thought there was only one, and that it's been passed around from one family to another over the centuries. Wow, maybe next time I'll take a bite! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
But, I do love escargot...go figure?

I do not eat fruit cake or any of that other stuff either but I do eat escargot. Was in a high class place about 35 years ago and had a little too much to drink and my "friends" got me to eat them snails! Geez, I liked the little buggers :D Have eaten them since that time every chance I get, always stop at Papa's in Houston for some when I am over that way :D But noooo fruit cake :no:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I'm surprised the voting is so close. I knew somebody must like the stuff but I don't think I've ever met one who did.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My mother used to say" "Fruit Cake is what you give someone as a gift when you can't think of anything else to give them".

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Re: Fruit Cake

JMATANDEM said:
You mean people actually eat the fruit cake!? I thought there was only one, and that it's been passed around from one family to another over the centuries. Wow, maybe next time I'll take a bite! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm with you Jeff! That same one has been passed around our family for several years. How could anybody even think of eating this stuff? :22yikes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts