GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the new bridge around St Helens been replaced yet?????? Have friends coming around and they want to know. Thanks alot Kris

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Chris,

The bridge that was installed at the washout is considered permanent per my read of the GP website. I was just over it a few weeks back.

I'm currently riding the high desert of south central Oregon. 4 vehicles in 150 miles!! Headed for Joseph tomorrow. Have only been home less than a week in the last month and a half.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. Buck wanted me to find out for him. Have not been over that road in some time. We are headed to Pomeroy to hook up with Jack and Gayle, and Ken and Renne. Will keep a look out for you as we will be riding in that area. Kris

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Kris be safe with that group there known trouble makers :eek:4::eek:4::eek:4: LOL have fun

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
We're in Diamond tonight. Rode FS39, the Rattlesnake, and the Spiral Highway today. It was a nice 400+ mile day riding the Wing with my wife & towing the Escapade cargo trailer.

Tim in Burien, WA

·
Registered
985 Posts
Fr 25

FR 25 bridge was intended to be temporarily with a washout bypass around it...Maybe funding cut it. I'll look.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
FR 25 bridge was intended to be temporarily with a washout bypass around it...Maybe funding cut it. I'll look.
A washout bypass would be difficult in that area as the washout is quite large. The bridge is actually very passable on a Wing or car.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Fr 25

I had a Piggy Backer trailer with me. Soooo...I didn't want to risk catching a trailer tire. They did have a contract out for a bypass unless that bridge is it?

See below for contract info, it will be a two lane cement bridge with steel side rails overpassing the slide area. 2012

http://www.wfl.fhwa.dot.gov/projects/wa/benham-creek-repairs/

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. Reading the report was interesting and there's a lot of infrastructure work to do to put a 2 lane bridge in due to the size of the washout.

I wouldn't have any problem taking a trailer on the "temporary" bridge.

I had a Piggy Backer trailer with me. Soooo...I didn't want to risk catching a trailer tire. They did have a contract out for a bypass unless that bridge is it?

See below for contract info, it will be a two lane cement bridge with steel side rails overpassing the slide area. 2012

http://www.wfl.fhwa.dot.gov/projects/wa/benham-creek-repairs/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts