GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the FSR radios on the 1800 hooked up through our existing system and utilizing the PTT, controls, etc. In other words in place of the CB we have now which is a pain in the butt. This would be for a bike to bike situation. Don't care much about talking to truckers.
Dale

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yup, I am using the Kennedy FRSet4 integrated under the seat into the bike intercom and CB PTT. I also have Mic Mutes and highly recommend those as well so you can shut the mic off when cruising to avoid the wind noise while the FRS radio is still active. I have a Motorola radio I plug into and keep it in the trunk. Reception is great and of course clarity is FRS quality.

·
Vendor
22,085 Posts
Kennedy makes a nice adapter that allows the stock PTT to work FRS radios, as well as integrates them into the intercom system.

In my opinion, FRS radios are a much better solution than CB, and cost MUCH less too boot. Better range, no static, no squelch to set, no annoying chatter, very small and lightweight, can be used off the bike, and run on AA batteries for a week.

What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That they becoome standard equipment on all new Wings. I think it is time to get away from the 50 year old (or more) technology of CB andmove on to the FRS system. It has numerous advantages, and I can think of no disadvantages.........except most everyone is still using CB because it has been the standard for so long.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
steve s said:
That they becoome standard equipment on all new Wings. I think it is time to get away from the 50 year old (or more) technology of CB andmove on to the FRS system. It has numerous advantages, and I can think of no disadvantages.........except most everyone is still using CB because it has been the standard for so long.
That will probably happen right after the aircraft radio service goes away from AM - unfortunately...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts