GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well it looks as if we (spouse and I ) maybe coming to Ft. Knox for the next few years. I've been there before but a long ...long time ago so I don't know what it's like in the area anymore. I'm retired Army and the spouse is still Active, so we'll need to looking for a place to live and for me work. We'll be wanting a house, preferably with a extra out building for my workshop and toys. Any information of nice areas for work, play and live that you can share with us would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
I grew up in nearby Brandenburg on the Ohio River. It was a bit backwoods then but has improved considerably into a nice, safe small county seat with good schools. Doe Valley estates is a large gated housng development which is pretty nice. Lots of rural homes available too. If you want a larger town check out Elizabethtown.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I grew up in the Radcliff / Vine Grove area. My parents still live there (Dad is retired military). Plenty of land still available and for sale out around HWY 1500 / Deckard School Road area if you're looking to build . The jobs part may be hard unless you can get hired at FT. Knox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts