GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying a used Infiniti and was doing some research. One thing folks kept mentioning was the fuel injection not liking Ethanol. The "Fred H." of the Infiniti board recommended a product called 44K, made by "BG". Turns out you can't buy this stuff at auto parts stores. I ended up finding some at the place that services my car.

I drug my 1500 out today since the weather was nice. I treated the fuel back in the fall, but it was still acting like the carbs were slightly sticking. I poured in 1/4 can of the 44K and topped off the fuel. After running the bike for a bit, I can tell a great difference. Sputtering almost completely gone (better than the bike was all last season). I usually sway far away from most of these products like snake oil, but I truly think this product works well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Here is a site that sells the cleaner.
there some listed on E-bay
edmund

·
Registered
899 Posts
another one

Here's a link to another one that works,my friend turned me on to this.He has a larger boat.He and a bunch of others had some of the same problem's last year with repairs costing like 300-400 dollars last spring,lots of crap in tank water from storage etc. now the mechanic told them about this stuff and no more gummed up carbs no more water in fuel.He swears by this stuff.I have used in in my bikes and stored fuel,seems to help.TAKE A MINUTE to read about this stuff.http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

·
Registered
273 Posts
Try a product called Sea Foam, it can be purchased at any Checker Auto. Be sure to follow directions a little bit goes a long way.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Lewis, I have heard of 44K, and how good it works, but like Sea Foam, it is easer to find and works very well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Used BG products for years, solved many drive ability issues.
Other treatments mentioned here are cool too. All the Honda dealers
and numerous others sell BG here.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am a firm believer in Sea-foam its a great product and really cleans as stated its a tune-up in a can.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Thanks, Lewis!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts