GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
I don't know if it makes any difference but I throw in a bottle of techtron at every oil change in my car. I'll put a partial bottle in my bike every month or two.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I use Chevron gasoline almost exclusively since it has Techron in it already. No fuel-related problems to date.

Do I need to add anything else?

G

·
3 oz MM every 4-6 tankfulls. Have no idea if it does any good. One thing sure, it doesn't do any harm, and is inexpensive.

She just continues to run like a Swiss watch, so I guess I will continue to add the MM peridically. I don't get very anal about any additives in general.

That said, Techron is well known to be a good product. The bottom line is all things in moderation.

Intersting also is that I have driven direct port fuel injected cars for years and many miles, and I have never added a thing to my gas or oil. Never have had a problem of any kind.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Ditto on Sea Foam, It's good stuff. Now and then or when I am going on a long haul, in first tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is MM?

Right now us nothing, What is MM?

IBTrike said:
3 oz MM every 4-6 tankfulls. Have no idea if it does any good. One thing sure, it doesn't do any harm, and is inexpensive.

She just continues to run like a Swiss watch, so I guess I will continue to add the MM peridically. I don't get very anal about any additives in general.

That said, Techron is well known to be a good product. The bottom line is all things in moderation.

Intersting also is that I have driven direct port fuel injected cars for years and many miles, and I have never added a thing to my gas or oil. Never have had a problem of any kind.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
SeaFoam is amzing stuff. I have added it in customers cars that were barely running due to dirty injectors. They tell me it runs like new after a couple 100 miles. I put it in the bike about every 10k miles. Another great product is BG. It is not sold in stores. Most Goodyear, Firestone or independant dealers will sale you a can.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had excellent results with BG44K...use 3.5 oz per full tank.

·
Registered
755 Posts
SeaFoam gets my vote. Used it in the Kaw due to it being carburated. Also used it in the boad due to ineviable water in the gas. I plan to use it in the wing as well.

·
Registered
755 Posts
kg5ie said:
SeaFoam gets my vote. Used it in the Kaw due to it being carburated. Also used it in the boat due to ineviable water in the gas. I plan to use it in the wing as well.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Toyo said:
SeaFoam is amzing stuff. I have added it in customers cars that were barely running due to dirty injectors. They tell me it runs like new after a couple 100 miles. I put it in the bike about every 10k miles. Another great product is BG. It is not sold in stores. Most Goodyear, Firestone or independant dealers will sale you a can.
Ditto on the BG 44K. It is made in Wichita and is rated #1 and they charge accordingly...$20 for 8 oz.

G

·
pmsteve said:
Marvel Mystery Oil - NOT - M&Ms
Thanks for the clarification Steve. I guess I thought everone knew what MM is. :lol:

We will be staying in Bullhead City, AZ all of Jan until the middle of March. Bringing the trike with us. Are you anywhere near there? Maybe we will cross paths. We plan to do some AZ and Nevada exploring.

email or PM me if you are in the vicinity.

Ride safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts