GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great tip! Is there a part number for the plug you used to fill the hole?

Reactions: Max McAllister

·
Registered
463 Posts
Awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Plunger?

Max, I like your idea on the fuel door release. I'm curious if there wouldn't be a simple plunger/button that could be rigged up along the lines of what you've done that when pressing on the outside of the door, would activate the fuel cap release button WITHOUT opening the side panel door at all. Very convenient little feature I would think. Never having to open the door (and potentially have items in there fall out, which I have had happen). Use this button/plunger arrangement as the PRIMARY means to open the fuel cap door.

If the fit and finish looked nice and cost was reasonable, I would certainly buy this item!.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Max, I like your idea on the fuel door release. I'm curious if there wouldn't be a simple plunger/button that could be rigged up along the lines of what you've done that when pressing on the outside of the door, would activate the fuel cap release button WITHOUT opening the side panel door at all. Very convenient little feature I would think. Never having to open the door (and potentially have items in there fall out, which I have had happen). Use this button/plunger arrangement as the PRIMARY means to open the fuel cap door.

If the fit and finish looked nice and cost was reasonable, I would certainly buy this item!.

Thanks,
Matt
Great idea!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well....

Somewhere in Japan, 2020 model Goldwings are probably beginning their trek down the assembly lines.

After two model years (and on the cusp of a third) what's the track record for servo/fuel door failures on the new Goldwing?

So many criticisms and "but what if..?" about the new models have impressed me as solutions looking for a problem.

I'm inclined to leave mine as it came from the factory and rely upon AAA and Progressive Roadside Assist in the unlikely event nearly century old servo technology disappoints me (because after all, won't I be at a fuel stop when I find my fuel door won't open?).

And now I'll eagerly await the "but what if" telephone crew vending satcomm phones, satellite emergency beacons, desert and cold weather survival kits, et. al.

Matter of fact, I might begin to distrust my poor Wing so much I won't ever roll it out of the barn again because....

WHAT IF?

:22yikes:

Snark switch returned to "Off" position (manually because servo failed:crying:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well....

Somewhere in Japan, 2020 model Goldwings are probably beginning their trek down the assembly lines.

After two model years (and on the cusp of a third) what's the track record for servo/fuel door failures on the new Goldwing?

So many criticisms and "but what if..?" about the new models have impressed me as solutions looking for a problem.

I'm inclined to leave mine as it came from the factory and rely upon AAA and Progressive Roadside Assist in the unlikely event nearly century old servo technology disappoints me (because after all, won't I be at a fuel stop when I find my fuel door won't open?).

And now I'll eagerly await the "but what if" telephone crew vending satcomm phones, satellite emergency beacons, desert and cold weather survival kits, et. al.

Matter of fact, I might begin to distrust my poor Wing so much I won't ever roll it out of the barn again because....

WHAT IF?

:22yikes:

Snark switch returned to "Off" position (manually because servo failed:crying:)
Sounds like you're living on the edge Fenry. What I've done is purchase this:

[/IMG]

I'm going to drill a proper hole in the door so I can fit my entire hand in to actuate the fuel filler door latch. You can't be too carefull :clap2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sounds like you're living on the edge Fenry.
No actually I'm very insecure.:crying:

I was going to replace the OEM cubby door with one of these but I couldn't get an exact colour match:

>:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Max, i sent an e mail to you and your staff with pictures. Please read it. It has to do with the handles and the capability to attach item(s) to them.. I have a request that you can see in the e mail. Thank you. John c. Brauner

·
Registered
31 Posts
MAX ........Any luck on Mattc2018 comment on a plunger button. Just the other day I again said " Why press two buttons that you can't see without bending over. Just annoying. Please help. Thank you again for what you do!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts