GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 GL1800A and recently put in fuel from a can that I later discovered had some debris in the bottom of it. I am concerned that some of the debris may have gotten into the fuel tank which has the potential to mess up the bike's fuel sysyem. I have the shop manual which in the trouble shooting section mentions a fuel filter but I can't find a fuel filter listed in my seperate parts manual. Does anyone know where the fuel filter is located? My suspicion is that it is part of the fuel pump, which is listed as a seperate assembly, but I am not sure. Any help will be appreciated and sure will put my mind to rest. I am hesitant to run the bike with fuel that has particles in it which could potentially cause a problem. I really can't imagine Honda engineering the bike without a fuel filter!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry no separate fuel filter, Just whatever filtering comes as part of the fuel pump. I guess if the fuel pump or injectors plug up you would have to replace them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Filter

Thanks for the reply. I'm really amazed Honda did not see fit to include a seperate fuel filter, or at least give us owners an easy way to service same! I sure hope I don't have problems with the gas clogging the fuel filter or the injectors!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want to look at the filter just take the seat off take the fule lines loose take the locking ring off the pump assembly and lift it out, if there is any trash in the tank you can easly get it out .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts