GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first fuel injected bike and was just wondering if adding a can of fuel injector cleaner (like I do my truck) every so often was a good idea or not?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not a full can....remember, your Goldwing only has a 6.6 gal. fuel tank. I use injector cleaner in mine each time I change the oil. Read the cleaner can and see how much fuel it treats and then determine how many ounces to put in your fuel tank.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Fuel injection cleaners are one of the few consumer available products thet can do some good. I prefer the higher end ones like the Castrol Syntec synthetic FI cleaner.
For winter storage I use Stabil for the fuel then drain the tank in the spring, add some FI cleaner and fresh fuel. Seems to solve those startup problems.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dennis

How do you drain the tank?
Is there an easy way to get at the drain?

G

·
0 Posts
larry31 said:
Dennis

How do you drain the tank?
Is there an easy way to get at the drain?
yes...start driving at 8am and don't quit until the gauge sez E

:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a siphon hose that has a small built in pump that is used to start the siphon, gave up on the old suck and spit method! Don't go there!
LOL
Works quite well and is esay to control.
Dennis

·
Vendor
22,091 Posts
Chevron Techron

Use Chevron Techron (and only Chevron Techron) for fuel injector cleaner. There is nothing else on the market that come close to being as good. Chevron invented and patented Techron, and it is far superior in removing carbon deposits than any other cleaner made. It is also the only cleaner that I have used that I can actually say I FELT a performance difference after using.

You can buy it at any Chevron gas station, Wal Mart, or most auto parts stores for about $7 a bottle.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Sta-bil and winter storage? interesting terms, I'll have to look those up.

LOL

just messin with ya

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sta-Bil

I put that stuff in my lawn mower and my generator.
These AZ guys are almost as bad as us CA riders.
Hawk and LadyHawk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts