GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any problems with their fuel injectors ticking very load? Mine sound like lifters knocking it's been in the shop several times for this first they could not duplicate (the problem was intermittent at the time)
Then they changed the cam chain (that wasn't it) Now they tell me it's the fuel injectors and they agree that the noise is anoying and too load, but will not replace the injectors because the tech engineers say that some injectors are noisy in the 1800's and its not a warranty issue. The noise is so load now that other bikers can hear it when we're riding togeather. Anyfeedback would be greatly appriciated

Jeff

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Currently my injectors are being quiet, but have other vehicles where the injectors were loud. Both old (76 280Z) and new (2000 Toyota Tacoma)...does not effect the operation...just annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they checked flow and pressure both were normal. Performance is not affected, it's just an annoying sound that I have not heard on other wings. It is the worst at about 3k rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts