GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 03 wing , leaking gas from center stand aria , pulled seat to find cracked fuel sending unit. Should be covered by warrantee , just a note to fellow wingers , can happen .
Have others seen this with your bike?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If its covered, that's a good warranty.

Boy, I'd sure love to see a picture of what you are talking about. I'm having trouble visualizing that.

Z

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Standard Honda warrentee

Covers product defect, stealer said Honda would not pay if it had a loose connection so traced it down to find a hair line crack next to wire connections to deturmin scorce for them to get it covered. Glad I bought the warrantee now.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If its covered, that's a good warranty.

Boy, I'd sure love to see a picture of what you are talking about. I'm having trouble visualizing that.

Z
hey Z,
this is a small issue that was discovered early when some of us were doing the Aux cell installs with the fitting installed on the sending plates.
if the Seat was installed improperly, i.e. the Tongue/Seat pan would Push on top of the fitting instead of being placed under the frame strap.
some of us found having the mechanically fastened style was a bit too tall and the rider's weight would push on top of the Fitting and the sending plate would develop a stress crack from the interference fit.

it became common place(acceptable) to just weld the fitting onto the plate. some riders were able to mechanically fasten and had good luck with no leaks/cracks.
i preferred the weld job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts