GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the fuel pump assemblies the same for all models, I have a 2005, will one from a 2007 model be the same ?.
I would appriciate your help.

·
Registered
928 Posts
According to the parts fiche, the numbers for the pump assembly for the 05 and the 07 are the same. Hope this helps. Ride safe and cheers.

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you your help Guys, much appreciated.

I have a senser gone on my pump which show the reserve light on when it is still half full, the diagnosis is from my Honda Dealer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
That probably means the pump itself is fine. I think the sensor is on the fuel sending unit set, not the pump assembly. The fuel unit set is the float and guage sensor. I'm not 100 % positive as I haven't had to change it out yet on mine, but check it out. There is a big price difference between the whole pump assembly and the fuel set or just a sensor.:shrug:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer says it is on the fuel pump assembly unit, he showed me the whole unit that is needed, I have found an 07 one on ebay Uk, which is reasonable priced, so will try that and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are actually 2 different floats that are involved with telling the fuel level. If you do a search on here there is a thread where a guy went into great detail about it. He even tells how to check them I think with a ohm meter. It could be either one of them that are bad. You might want to check it out and look at that thread close you might be able to fix the one you have. I will see if I can find it and post a link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts