GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As alot of you know I have a 1975 GL1000. 37 years ago this bike rolled out of a Honda showroom. It was ridden and enjoyed and somehow after 30 years or so ended up in a old barn in Oklahoma.

When I heard of this bike I knew I just had to have it so I headed up to get it and loaded it up in the truck and so the work began.
After alot of work, blood, sweat, and tears it came to life again. Today I dropped it off at Honda of Houston where it will be on display for all to enjoy for a few months.

The dealer saw it and wanted to surround it with the 2012's to show how the wing has developed in its 37 year history. I hope everyone that sees it enjoy's it as much as I have.

It's kinda funny how this bike with a little help seems to have come full circle. Back at a Dealer for people to dream about and remember the good times that they had on there earlier bikes.

Kurt :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
512 Posts
kmassey,
VERY cool story. Class never goes out of style. You do not have the latest greatest of anything to enjoy what your favorite passtime,hobby may be. I am sure many 'old timers' into the Honda dealership will say "I had one just like that",,or "I knew a guy that had an old Wing just like that",,,,

take care,
BC

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Kurt, I was 14 years old when the 1975 GL1000 Goldwing came out, love at first sight. They looked so big then for a 6'3, 130 lb. kid.
I saw one at a local dealership a few weeks ago for sell on consignment, $5995.00.
Little higher than original purchase.:lol:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kurt, I was 14 years old when the 1975 GL1000 Goldwing came out, love at first sight. They looked so big then for a 6'3, 130 lb. kid.
I saw one at a local dealership a few weeks ago for sell on consignment, $5995.00.
Little higher than original purchase.:lol:
That price sounds about right. It's only going to go up.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Kurt.I'm going to do the same thing with my CB900C after I get it done.I want others to reflect on a bike they once had.

There is a dealer near by that has quite a few loaners on display at any given time.

Good on you to do this.Please take a few shots for us to drool over when you get the time.We'd all enjoy seeing old vs new Goldwings.:bow:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kurt.I'm going to do the same thing with my CB900C after I get it done.I want others to reflect on a bike they once had.

There is a dealer near by that has quite a few loaners on display at any given time.

Good on you to do this.Please take a few shots for us to drool over when you get the time.We'd all enjoy seeing old vs new Goldwings.:bow:
Rockey, Im going to stop by in a few days to take some pictures. Ill post them as soon as I can. It is pretty cool seeing the look on peoples faces when they see the old bike.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a good time to come visit you again..maybe bring Wes If he will SLOW DOWN!
Good luck with that Tom. LOL We need to get up that way. If I remember right we have a dinner coming our way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts