GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Goldwing compatible intercom headset and mic for my SO's full face HJC helmet. Found this one on line... does anyone have any experience with it?

http://imcmoto.com/honda-goldwing-headsets/honda-goldwing-full-face-helmet-headsets/honda-goldwing-stereo-helmet-headset-with-soft-wire-microphone.html

Any other suggestions for a compatible system are appreciated. We're trying to keep the cost down because she usually wears her helmet on her own bike while local, and only needs an intercom set for longer trips while on my back seat.

Thanks!

:cool:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
One rider recently stated that it is best if both rider and passenger have identical headsets for compatibility reasons and fewer problems with volume control, muting, and etc. etc.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've had J & M's in my 2 helmets. No problems with either one.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've had J & M's in my 2 helmets. No problems with either one.
Ditto here. I installed J&M's in our HJC C-16 helmets this winter. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
That's a great price, but I have no idea of the quality. I thought Chatterbox brand was a pretty good price also, but was very disappointed with the fidelity and sound quality. I agree with Grampawinger that you will get best results if you install the same brand headsets for both of you. I KNOW EdSets are high quality. They would be a little more than this brand, but are equivalent in quality to the best J&M headsets -- but are about $100 LESS. Personally, I'd go with a proven brand name that has a good reputation, like EdSets -- even if it means paying a bit more than what you can find randomly. In the end, the cheaper brand might turn out to be the most expensive if you hate them and have to buy a second pair.

·
Registered
68 Posts
EdSets.....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
I put the Imcmoto headsets in our modular helmets and we are very pleased with them. We had j&m for our last sets and I think that these are the better. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
J&M Drv and passenger headsets with mic mutes. You get what you pay for. No problems with headsets since installed in 02. Just had a problem with mic mutes, but Morph is taking care of it. J&M + Mic Mutes, outstanding commo setup. Just got a RF1100 Shoei and am moving setup from old RF 900 to new helmet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Out of the five helmets I use on my bike, J&M headsets gives the best overall tonal value in my opinion. I listen to a variety of music from my iPod and it all sounds good. From Norah Jones and Yo Yo Ma to Ludacris and Digital Underground.
If I was informed correctly, J&M makes the intercom system for the Goldwing. They also provide superb after sale support.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for the replies. I was thinking the same thing about compatibility between two different manufactures, as I have the Honda OEM.

Look at this J&M system on eBay... good price... it says for GL1500 but it looks like it's good for the 1800 also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/J-M-Headset-Full-Face-Helmet-Goldwing-GL1500-1500-/290580410292?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a7f12fb4

We're going to have to move on something soon as it's almost time to hit the road!

Thanks again!

:cool:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have 2 sets...one Honda Factory and the second J & M.....no doubt the J & M work better, clearer and overall performance is better than the Honda Factory......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts