GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Tulsa Standard shield and I've been thinking about getting a flip-face helmet. I tried some on today and I can't see how I could stand it behind my Tulsa shield. It would not get enough wind to vent so I would burn up. I really don't want to loose the Tulsa shield.

Who out there is using a full face helmet behind a Tulsa standard shield. Do you get any ventilation in the helmet at all? How hot of weather have you ridden in?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I have a Tulsa and wear a full face helmet. It doesn't look like your Tulsa is vented, mine is and that definitely helps. You can also remove your helmet shield and just wear sunglasses which will be cooler. The Tulsa does a great job at reducing buffeting but that in turn does make it warmer. Feels good when it's cooler not so good in the summer. T. 8)

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I have the standard Tulsa and Flip Face HJC and don't mind them at all. I usually ride in the mid west and have ridden in temps of 90-100. It is hot then no matter what you are riding/wearing. I have no plans to change at the present time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tvbveb said:
I have a Tulsa and wear a full face helmet. It doesn't look like your Tulsa is vented, mine is and that definitely helps. You can also remove your helmet shield and just wear sunglasses which will be cooler. The Tulsa does a great job at reducing buffeting but that in turn does make it warmer. Feels good when it's cooler not so good in the summer. T. 8)
I do have the vented shield. I guess I need to ask my friends if they have a full face I can borrow to see how much air I would get.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a Tulsa Tall with vent and a Nolan flip up and an Aria Full face. I regularly ride in 110 deg and have ridden in 118 deg. Hot.... Yes... Don't care... Could ride in my truck with A/C... No thanks...

I do wash my Helmet liner a lot... :D

I know this probably doesn't help you.... Sorry

John

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
blizardj said:
I have a Tulsa Tall with vent and a Nolan flip up and an Aria Full face. I regularly ride in 110 deg and have ridden in 118 deg. Hot.... Yes... Don't care... Could ride in my truck with A/C... No thanks...

I do wash my Helmet liner a lot... :D

I know this probably doesn't help you.... Sorry

John
Hey John,
Wow, 110deg.- 118 deg. where do you like rid'in, through HELL or someth'in??? LOL T. :shock:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Tulsa regular and HJC full face helmet. I live in HOT west Texas and, yes, it does get warm. You get used to it and it doesn't bother you - besides I want the protection.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PDblue said:
I have the Tulsa regular and HJC full face helmet. I live in HOT west Texas and, yes, it does get warm. You get used to it and it doesn't bother you - besides I want the protection.
Another part of my problem is that I've been riding with a 1/2 helmet for years now and the switch to a full face seems almost claustrophobic. I was thinking that the fall/winter season would probably be the best time to switch so I could gradually get used to the heat next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts