GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all ready installed the fog lights but they go off when I turn on high beams. I know somebody has part that will solve this problem .If anyone can point me in the right direction to purchase this I would be very grateful. And maybe tell how to wire it up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
E/C for foglights

Electrical Connection has a wiring harness to make them work. Look at Honda Direct Line. They are about $25 I think. John in Ga.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
No part is required, you just have to pull a relay... I don't have the info handy. but I am sure someone will post it.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Whitewing, which brand of lights do you have?

Both posts were right, but if you have the E/C version, the trigger lead that energizes the relay can be wired to be hot with the high beams or the low beams, or either by simply connecting it to the right terminal.

I've got a pinout diagram of that connector on my garage door opener interlock page, perhaps that will help you.

If you don't have the E/C versions, I'd recommend looking at their replacement harness assembly which addresses a serious wiring shortcoming with the Honda & Big Bike lights.

Either way, I'm sure a call to the helpful folks at E/C will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
67 Posts
fog lights

WHITEWING get the E/C sub harness, just got mine the other day, they can be left on in high beam or low beam. I had the OEM harness but changed to the E/C because to many people had their switch burn up with the OEM and big bike. With the E/C sub harness you get added protection, no switch burn and the fog lights are fused to protect the rest of the system from shorts. PS ITS PLUG AND PLAY.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I agree with the above posts on the EC harness....because I just installed a set yesterday :D and it was plug and play with the option of having the lights on all the time (mychoice) or with high beams only or low beams only.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the Honda lights and wanted them to stay on with the brights too. I simply pulled the blue/black wire from the connector going from the driving light switch to the relay. Now they come on whenever I press the switch, regardless of the headlight setting. If you need picts or more details, just let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
FULL TIME FOG LIGHTS

I HAVE THE SHOW CHROME LIGHTS AND WOULD LIKE THEM TO BE ON HIGH ALSO. :?: WHAT IS THE E/C HARNESS AND WHERE DO I GET ONE OR DO I NEED ONE WITH THE SHOW CHROME LIGHTS

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
go ahead and wire anyway you desire but the reason the Honda fog lites are designed to only lite on lowbeam is that it is illeagal to have them on along with high beams. You could wind up getting a ticket.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
In response to cycledude

I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to mention the legality of having more than four driving(head) lights on at one time. Better check your local laws. Remember, cops have bad days, too. :lol:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mike, somebody pulled the relay on my bike. I'm adding HID's and want my Honda fog lights to work on low beam only.

Pulling the relay will work, but EC's warning is true. The purpose of the relay is to allow the high amps to be pulled through the relay and not the switch. Just pulling the relay is not a good long term situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts