GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at this dealer yesterday and they had all colors. Got price quotes for fully loaded with airbag for $24235 and with Navigation/comfort package for $22,334. These prices include tax, tags, title for here in FL.

Anyone dealt with this center before? Any thoughts?

One thing I did like was they are planning on a loaner wing when you bring your wing in for service.

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Any thoughts?
Loaner bike? Why would you drive to Lakeland for service if you live in Tampa? The dealer on N Fl has some good wrenches.

The prices you quoted with tax are almost full retail! :shock:

Good Luck......

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have delt with them and they are a really good bunch to deal with. Be sure you take some of the prices you see advertised elsewhere and make them work with you a bit.
The do provide a loaner bike while yours is in the shop, a frequent user card that gets you $1 for every $100 you spend (although that doesn't seem like much, after outfitting a wing you may have enough to get a free helmet or jacket. And you get a free year of Papa Johns Pizza. I don't remember exactly how that works, but They are good to deal with. I drive from Lake Hamilton which is almost 35 miles and pass the dealership here in Winter Haven to get there. They were willing to work with me on price, WH didn't even want to talk.
Don't expect them to match the lowest price, but they may get within a couple hundred dollars...
Also, every saturday they have hotdogs for anywho who comes by between 11:30 and 2PM. Just another place to go on the bike for free food.

Gordon

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

Red I am actually closer to Brandon and happened to take a drive out to the fun bike center yesterday (I had been there last year but the time to buy just wasn't right). I wasn't really concerned with driving the vehicle out there for service, but thought the loaner wing while one was getting worked on was neat - I hadn't heard that from the other dealerships I'd been to (nor did I inquire about the possibility). I realize the prices with taxes, tags, title are fairly close to retail, but those were initial quotes and hopefully based on Gordon's responses I can get them to come down a little more.

Gordon - appreciate your insight on the fun bike center. I ended up speaking with Dave (GM) there yesterday and he had them roll outside the colors of the bikes my wife and I were interested in to see the difference in the colors in the sunlight. They had the black one outside and brought out a blue and silver one (I'm leaning to the silver one). I really don't expect them to match the lowest price but as long as it is reasonable as you describe then I'll be happy. Dave (he mentioned the free pizza as well) gave me the impression he would work with me and I told him that was all I expected (I did mention that I had been price shopping online). Plus I just don't really have the time available to fly to one of the lowest sellers and drive home. I liked the approach Dave had - come in a test drive one (since I've not driven one yet - riding a 750 Nighthawk now) even if you don't buy from here just to see if it the right bike for me, which I am planning on doing Thursday after work. Then who knows we'll end up doing some number crunching and see if we come to an agreement. I'm also still trying to figure out if I want the airbag et all or if I just want the navigation/comfort package.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Rinkopr said:
Also, every saturday they have hotdogs for anywho who comes by between 11:30 and 2PM. Just another place to go on the bike for free food.

Gordon
:D Another excuse for a road trip...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Still Looking

When you go back out there, let me know if they have any used Wings. Like you, I'm on the hunt (for a 01-04ish) and haven't gotten lucky "yet".
Harold (Palm Harbor)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harold I think they have one out there, but don't remember the year. Their phone number is 863-688-3333. I'll also check when I go out there on Thursday though and post the results.

I do know the Extreme Dealer on 301 in Riverview had a 98 or 99 outside his store when we stopped by on Saturday, but he only had one new one in the store (although given the size that is understandable).

·
Registered
546 Posts
skydiver.....

u might want to check out the new honda dealer at I-75 and RT54...

they got a good wing wrench named jeff........and i chatted with the
boys up front and told them i bought my 05 at leesburg cuz nobody
in town would deal....leesburg will deal... and the rt54 guys dont care where ya bought it.... they will take care of ya

they said when im ready for a new one .... stop on by and they said
they are ready to deal and not be stuck on retail like the florida ave
store...... and a buddy bought a vtx from lakeland and did not
have a good experience at all with the sales or service staff...

he has been having all his work done at the florida store...
dan is a great wing doctor there....... but for me i-75 and rt54
is easier to get to rather than go thru all that downtown traffic
and construction crap.........

and of course for a good deal..... price wize.... leesburg isnt very
far from brandon ;-)........ just make sure they dont get rushed
during final prep.... they missed a few things cuz i bought after
closing.... but it was no big deal and they took good care of me ;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wings for Sale?

Thanks for the information. Not sure where Riverview is, but will try to find out! (I'm only living here for about two months so I'm still learning about the area...and new motorcycle shops....that's the most fun!)
Harold

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hello since I see that this discussion is centered around my own stomping grounds of Valrico near Brandon. I've purchased from Fun Bike Center before and was very pleased with the experience. Also, they send a $25 gift certificate each year around my birthday so ya gotta appreciate that!

I wonder how many others here on the forum are from the Tampa Bay area?

Ed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Near Tampa

I guess you can consider me a Tampa-rite (or is it a Tampa-person). The bad part is I'm Wingless so far and the weather is gorgeous here!!!!!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
You may want to check out Performance Honda in Winter Garden. I purchased my new 06' there and was treated GREAT! The salemen are very knowlegeable about the GW. Ask for Jon Hill, he will treat you right.

Their store is on Hwy 50 just east of Clermont near the sunshine turnpike.
Go on a saturday and they will feed ya also.

Check them out before you buy. You just may be surprised.

Ride Safe and Live long

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
wingman57 said:
You may want to check out Performance Honda in Winter Garden. I purchased my new 06' there and was treated GREAT! The salemen are very knowlegeable about the GW. Ask for Jon Hill, he will treat you right.

Their store is on Hwy 50 just east of Clermont near the sunshine turnpike.
Go on a saturday and they will feed ya also.

Check them out before you buy. You just may be surprised.

Ride Safe and Live long
That's the same people that snuck the store in at SR54 & I-75 that Dave mentioned above.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What Dave said above. I bought my 06 wing in Ocala. As this was my first purchase of a Wing, I should have shoped around. As a result, the sales staff was great and worked with me. What I should have done was to shop around, if I would have done that I would have bought my wing from Champions Honda in Leesburg as they were $2000 cheaper than Ocala.

It dosen't stop there, when I picked up the bike, I noticed a chip? on the center of the middle trunk trim. They "claim" to have ordered me a new one and as of today (2 months later) I have yet to receive the new trim, their response??? It takes awhile to get parts from Honda.....BULL...T!!! I have been battling them ever since.

I stopped patronizing the Ocala store and have started going to the Leesburg store. They have treated me very well and was quick in getting all accessories I needed to me and even gave me a 15% discount on everything I have bought. I have since found out that the Leesburg store is known as the Goldwing Central for Central Florida.

Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just picked my 07 nav from FBC. They were very professional, and willing to meet my needs and concerns. They already have my first oil change appointment and a loaner wing for the day.
Free Papa johns pizza for a year (one pie per month) and a couple of tee shirts. Also the new building they are constructing will fit 9 of the old dealership inside it.

Two thumbs up for Dave GM at FBC.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rinkopr said:
I have delt with them and they are a really good bunch to deal with. Be sure you take some of the prices you see advertised elsewhere and make them work with you a bit. They were willing to work with me on price, WH didn't even want to talk.
Don't expect them to match the lowest price, but they may get within a couple hundred dollars...

Gordon
Well went back to the dealer for my first ride on a Wing and as soon as I was done with the ride, well I was done! Went into the store to see what kind of deal could be struck and well following Gordon's advice (great advice by the way) I brought some of the advertised prices from various places on-line and the deal Dave (GM) came back with was very fair and reasonable. Yeah I probably could've gotten the bike a little cheaper elsewhere, but I don't have to wait any longer than Saturday (out of town tomorrow night to pick my Mom up for a visit otherwise would have had it tomorrow afternoon) to pick it up! Saturday afternoon as soon as I get back in town I'm going over to pick up my beautiful 2007 Silver Wing with the Nav package. :D :lol:

Thanks to all for the advice and input -- it was greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fun Bike Center Lakeland, FL==One followed me home

Well the deal is done and yesterday one of those new 2007 Gold Wings -followed me home -- Silver, Nav package. :eek:

Fun Bike Center had it all ready to go parked out front with a sign stating it had been sold. My wife is already looking at accessories for it, new riding gear, etc.

Well off for an early morning ride around Tampa over the Sunshine Sky Parkway Bridge. :lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts