GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was with me for her 3rd trip on the Goldwing when something exciting happened. We were approaching an intersection and a truck loaded with tires pulls out of a service station parking lot. He was only about 200 yards from the intersection and we’re about 100 yards away from him and in the process of slowing down.

As he turns, the topmost tires shift and start tumbling. About 15 of them enter the roadway and are rolling around like they know where they’re going. Two decided to come our way but I was already slowing down as stated. Two guys jump out of the truck and start chasing the tires and one dude gets right in my path to pursue one. I just missed him.

It made for an interesting ride. My wife is still clutching the seat on the Wing. I guess I should get her off since this happened 2 days ago. By the way, the truck they were driving made the one that Sanford and Son drove look like a Corvette.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I remember one time while riding down the freeway a truck lost a tire in the opposite side. It bounced across the median right over my head and into a car windshield. All I could do was duck and swerve to miss it. I don't think it killed anybody, but I glanced back and all I could see was that big truck tire going in the the car windshield. I couldn't stop and render aid as all I could see behind me was tire smoke from everybody slamming on their brakes. I just kept going and hoped that everybody was okay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts