GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it all started this morning at 8:30 when I left Logansport, In. and headed to Dayton to visit with the Polecat.

I arrived at Steves house about 12 noon and got to finally meet Jenny, Polect's wife. I always thought she was just a voice on a recording because I had never actually met her until today. She is a very lovely lady.

Of course we were not riding the DQ machines and had to eat at a Taco Bell. There we got ran out by a little old lady with a cane. She said Polecat needed to shave. We than promplty got ran out of Dayton for the loud pipes on the bikes. Man, it is fun to be 50ish and a REBEL :lol: :lol: I now own a pair of Harley boots. Polecat seems to think I need a bandanna wrapped around my head and a chained on billfold to go with the rest... :wink: :wink:

It was a long afternoon, but we had fun. We ended up back at a truck stop in Muncie Indiana and there we had a cup of coffe and Polecat headed back to Dayton and I headed back to Logansport.

Letting the bikes cool down after our mad get-a-way....

Who would ever have thought we could ride this much this time of year. I rode over 350 miles today and loved every minute of it.

I got back home tonite at 7:30 and can say it ranks right up there in the top 5 of all day trips I have ever taken.

Ross

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Thats great to hear Ross. It warms my heart to see you and Steve out riding after what you both have been through in these past months. I'm still praying for Steve's family and looking forward to seeing you both in June. Until then, ride safe my friend.

Roy

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Now those are two sharp looking machines. Glad you had a great day and were able to take your minds off the daily grinds you face.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Polecat seems to think I need a bandanna wrapped around my head and a chained on billfold to go with the rest... Wink Wink
With no shield on his bike I hope he was wearing more than a bandanna around his head. Of course, he's been accused of needing his head examined anyway. :wink: :D

Glad you two had a good ride. Sure hope the weather holds for New Years day.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ross, glad to hear that you and Polecat were able to get out and do some riding. Looking at the picture, Polecat's riding gear and the two shadows, the weather down your way seems to be pretty nice for this time of the year. Hopefully it will continue in to next year. Great picture of the two bikes.

EZ Reiter

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
BORN TO BE MILD!!!!

Out terrorizing old ladies huh? Sounds like you two had fun.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Actually I believe Ross rides a Kawasaki Nomad not a shadow.

Ross, glad to hear that you and Polecat were able to get out and do some riding. Looking at the picture, Polecat's riding gear and the two shadows,

John

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
galute said:
BORN TO BE MILD!!!!

Out terrorizing old ladies huh? Sounds like you two had fun.
Galute, I like the picture and the heading. I only want to know which one is Polecat :?: :?: :lol: :lol:

And than that leaves me where :?: :?: :lol: :lol:

I was in the process of getting ready to head to Cincinatti to see another friend and just as I backed the bike out of the garage to warm it up it started raining. I guess I have had enough fun for now. Rain and these temps just do not mix... I did it once to get to Mesquite Tex. and I am not going to do it for just a day ride... LOL

Ross

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Looking at that pic makes me miss my VT1100 even more than yesterday.

Being a "rebel" is a very good thing!!

Making memories is always a good thing. Glad to see Polecat smiling again!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
John,

The two shadow's that I were referring to are: 1, the shadow of Ross taking the picture, which is small compared to shadow 2, which is the shadow of the legendary Polecat. The bright big ball in the sky must have been at Ross's back and judging from the long shadow's, it was either early in the morning or late in the afternoon when Ross took the picture. My guess would be the picture was taken early in the morning because I don't see Polecat holding a Corona.

Actually I believe Ross rides a Kawasaki Nomad not a shadow.

EZ Reiter

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Must have been one of the nicer little old ladies from around there. :wink:
Most of em would'a busted yur chops and taken off on yur bike. :lol:
I'm only about 30 miles from Dayton.
I think I heard those loud pipes. :roll:
You can thank me for the nice weather in the area. :cry:
As long as my bike is torn apart,
the weather will keep being nice.
The day I get it all back together,