GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in dialog with a scammer, He advertised a GL-1800 for 5200 bucks, we have been going for several days now. He wants me to send money to ebay and I say I will fly over to see it, He then says its crated and at the shippers, I ask where they are at, he says they won't allow it, The ad has been removed for several days now but we are still at it, Semi-entertaining LOL

FUN :lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here is a copy of one I got the other day for an 05 UltraClassic...LOL

Hello and sorry for the delay,

The Harley is in a perfect working condition. My experienced tech has fully checked out the bike and gives it a special high rating has a CLEAR and CLEAN TITLE a great history and mechanically without any problems ever safety check and pre-delivery inspection along with a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the bike. I am in Zagreb, Croatia with business.
The Harley is at eBay's Shipping Center in San Jose, CA from where it will be shipped. They will handle the transaction for me.
The amount you will have to pay in order to own this bike is $4600 USD with shipping costs and handling included.
Since the bike is at eBay I have to do the deal through them.
If you agree with moving forward with the deal please email me as soon as possible so we can proceed with the deal. Also please include your full name and complete shipping address.
Waiting for your email

Regards,
Mike Crowson

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Yeah, that's fun sometimes. Then when you get bored you can just tell him too... well, can't say it on this board. :lol:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
yeppers it can be fun.

I've responded to email about charities needing money in 3rd world countries..... the sentence/word structure gives it away as a spammer, that and the use of Western Union for money transfer.

I've asked various things like: " can I send a bucket of cash to you?" or "can I fax a check to you?" the spammer's responses are funny

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've asked various things like: " can I send a bucket of cash to you?" or "can I fax a check to you?
next time a bill collector calls I'm gonna offer to fax him a bucket of cash and then act indignant when he refuses :lol:

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
KamiSue said:
I've asked various things like: " can I send a bucket of cash to you?" or "can I fax a check to you?
next time a bill collector calls I'm gonna offer to fax him a bucket of cash and then act indignant when he refuses :lol:
Why??

If you owe a legitimate amount for purchase of a service or merchandise you could not otherwise afford with out borrowing why would you dish out crap to someone that is simply doing their job and trying to protect you from yourself before you trash your credit?

Sorry for the rant, but I deal with the great unwashed masses everyday that feel insulted when they are expected to live up to their obligations.

Legally binding one's at that.

Bradford

·
Registered
325 Posts
KA7W said:
I have been in dialog with a scammer, He advertised a GL-1800 for 5200 bucks, we have been going for several days now. He wants me to send money to ebay and I say I will fly over to see it, He then says its crated and at the shippers, I ask where they are at, he says they won't allow it, The ad has been removed for several days now but we are still at it, Semi-entertaining LOL

FUN :lol:

There are some folks that have taken "scambaiting" to new level:

http://www.419eater.com/html/john_boko.htm

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
This guy is great: http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Must read is "Mr. Bukakke" and "anita cox"

The last one "she" got the scammer all pissed off, it is funny. The first one the guy uses different pics and the scammer shows how much of an idiot he is. Funny stuff.

Mike

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
24 Carat said:
KamiSue said:
Why??

If you owe a legitimate amount for purchase of a service or merchandise you could not otherwise afford with out borrowing why would you dish out crap to someone that is simply doing their job and trying to protect you from yourself before you trash your credit?

Sorry for the rant, but I deal with the great unwashed masses everyday that feel insulted when they are expected to live up to their obligations.

Bradford
Maybe the CA can't validate the debt? Or maybe the consumer doesn't owe the alleged debt?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
pronomian said:
This guy is great: http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Must read is "Mr. Bukakke" and "anita cox"

The last one "she" got the scammer all pissed off, it is funny. The first one the guy uses different pics and the scammer shows how much of an idiot he is. Funny stuff.

Mike
It's been a while since I'd been to monkeyman. I have trouble getting passed the first page; the pictures bring me to tears. :lol: :lol:

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Lucky 777 said:
[quote="24 Carat":39y91v74]
KamiSue said:
Why??

Bradford
Maybe the CA can't validate the debt? Or maybe the consumer doesn't owe the alleged debt?[/quote:39y91v74]

That makes sense. I work "In house" where we hold the docs and our status is of a "Secured Lender" so bankruptcy is not an escape mechanism.

I, till this day, don't comprehend the lack of understanding some have where credit is concerned. Turn off your phone, change your job, move to a different state. It doesn't matter. You still have the same SSN. It's laughable. We never go away.

Bradford

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
24 Carat said:
I, till this day, don't comprehend the lack of understanding some have where credit is concerned. Turn off your phone, change your job, move to a different state. It doesn't matter. You still have the same SSN. It's laughable. We never go away.

Bradford

Sadly ... my son and his wife have learned this the hard way....

You could have heard my daughter in law 3 states away when their refund check from IRS was seized for non payment of a student loan or something like that...

IE: "HOW DARE THEY take our money!" ... :lol:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
24 Carat said:
[quote="Lucky 777":2z0s5i0t][quote="24 Carat":2z0s5i0t]
KamiSue said:
Why??

Bradford
Maybe the CA can't validate the debt? Or maybe the consumer doesn't owe the alleged debt?[/quote:2z0s5i0t]

That makes sense. I work "In house" where we hold the docs and our status is of a "Secured Lender" so bankruptcy is not an escape mechanism.

Bradford[/quote:2z0s5i0t]

Different world Bradford. I apologize if it came across as though I were attacking your profession. The ones I have a real sore spot for are the junk debt buyers. They purchase charged off accounts for pennies on the dollar....usually without media....many are beyond SOL. The cowboy collection tactics these people use are unreal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.