GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday we laid Terry Becker to rest. I cannot Thank each and every one of you enough. For all that came out to show us their love and support. And to surround us with so much amazing comfort on this day.

Terry touched so many different lives. He had people come from as far as TX, MI, TN, OK, KS, IA just to name a few. Represented his past Ham club group from IA, his Ham buddies here in NWA. His past Boy Scout group. His former employers, and most recent employer, O’Reillys. My Wal-Mart family. His side of the family. My side of the family. Aunts and cousins, nieces and nephews, remembering him in cards and letter. Our friends from the motorcycle riding groups. All of my amazing neighbors. All our amazing friends. He was proud to see that big gathering. And I know he would have been proud of the simple ceremony. And he never thought anyone would ever be at his funeral.

First I need to start off thanking my family. Steven Becker for reading the write up of our love story. And helping set up and tear down. Brett Becker for the endless hours of making the bowling ball bigger and bigger inside, for us to use that as the main urn. Then hollowing our more of the bowling pin. And we still needed to get one more device to put the remaining ashes. So what was more appropriate, but a piece of his ham radio equipment. And also helping with set up and tear down. And for both these boys to be with me for most of the 8 days while Terry was at home w hospice care. It was not easy. But we did it. And for Brett to stay with me for the past additional 10 days to help plan all this. Randy Becker for taking all the pictures yesterday.

I need to Thank Penny Rule and Randy Becker for also being there a better part of those 8 days. For the tears we shared. The laughs. The stories we shared with them. And they shared with us. Steven, Brett and I could not have done it without you both. It sure helped get us thru the difficult last days. And for his other family members, Darla Rinehart- Haas, Jeff Becker, that made a visit down to see him, before he passed. And for them to all come back for the funeral. All the friends that stopped by to see him. Just to visit. Or read the Bible over him.

Thank you to Regina Sims and Bill Thomas for all their love and support thru all this. To helping my son around the house. To helping get the food and drinks going at the bowling alley. We had so many join us there, and stayed for the majority of the 4 plus hours we were there. For the stories everyone shared with us. Some I had never heard before.

Thank you to my Wal-Mart family for the countless groceries, meals, donations and gift cards. To his former employers for all their meals and stuff they helped with around the house. For stopping in for visits over the past couple years that he was sick.

My family blew myself, Steven and Brett away when they got everyone around us. And presented us the most beautiful wind chimes that was personalized w a beautiful saying and Terry’s birth/death on it. And it sounds so beautiful. And for the smaller versions for the boys.

This day could not have been more perfect. Could have been a whole lot less humid. ? But the rain stayed away. ??

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. ??? I have probably left someone off. But when you see people you have not seen in years, and they totally surprised you by attending, that shows what an amazing husband, father and friend Terry was. He is missed so much. And not a minute will go by that we do not miss him and think of him. And long for him to be right here next to me. But his work here on earth is done. And I know he is healed. And someday we will be reunited again, only to continue our love story where we left off.

Until then, my sweet dear husband, live pain free, cancer free and keep a watchful eye on your family here on earth. We love and miss you so very much. ???

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
It was a very nice service. Truly a celebration of life!!

We will be thinking of you often!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Would have loved to have know him longer.

Rogers Ride In 2019

He was a gentle and humble man and always put others first .

You were and are his special angel.

Together .. We will miss him.

Donnie

Need anything we are here

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would have loved to have know him longer.

Rogers Ride In 2019

He was a gentle and humble man and always put others first .

You were and are his special angel.

Together .. We will miss him.

Donnie

Need anything we are here
Thank you Donnie! He’s going to be and is already missed, by so many.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
SEEMS THE " GOOD ONES " GO FIRST ! :serious::crying: R.I.P. !

·
Registered
360 Posts
My sincere sympathy to his family and friends.

I only met Terry a couple of times but he made this Yankee feel very welcomed in Arkansas.

Best wishes to all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts