GL1800Riders Forums banner

Funky Wrap Around Windshield

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Greytful 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I am sure glad you posted this link. I really like that look much better than all the different add on deflectors.

Could the vent in the OEM be removed and reinstalled into this shield where they cut the hole?

Thanks,

#7 ·
I am sure glad you posted this link. I really like that look much better than all the different add on deflectors.

Could the vent in the OEM be removed and reinstalled into this shield where they cut the hole?

Thanks,
I have no idea. The first time I ever heard of it was this morning. Just posted the link for info and comment.

If I were to make a guess...I'd say they make the opening to fit the stock vent since they don't appear to sell their own vent.

#11 ·
I had one on my 03 for quite a while. My wife loved it better than any we have tried but I just don't like looking through a windshield. I cut it down some and could look over it somewhat but still was not what I liked. Against her wishes I went with a wind bender and I like it better than any so far. Wife wasn't too happy with me for getting rid of the wrap around shield but she said I am the full time rider and she is the part time passenger so it would be best to satisfy me on this. She said the Precision Plastics shield was the very best we tried to keep the wind and buffeting off her but she could deal with the wind bender if I liked it better. I love that gal.

#16 ·
windshield

io have had several of these windshields ,and they work great but have not used on 1800 they are lexan and they have one small problem they get hairline cracks were they make the turn and go back down to fairing.other then that they are by far the best .

#17 ·
Wraparound windshield

My wife had one on her '94 SE, and she liked the still air envelope; however, in high wind conditions or on the superslab near semis it caught so much side wind it acted like a sail, pushing the motorcycle sideways. We replaced it with a Tulsa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.