GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Harley Ds for the last 7 years and their blogs and boards are not nearly as funny as these. Damn impressive! Almost as good as Blue Collar! :lol:

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
No comment....

Well, maybe that IS a comment.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Of course that may depend on your definition of IS <G>.

Waldo said:
No comment....

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
biglefti said:

Waldo said:
No comment....

Metaphysics lesson again?
An existential debate on a motorcycle-specific web forum (tech area, I might add)?

In an empiricle arena such as this it does not behoove the casual reader to seek the meaning of life; this value or meaning, and the value or meaning of the world around him, man defines himself in his own subjectivity, and wanders between choice, freedom, and existential angst.
Existentialism emphasizes action, freedom, and decision as fundamental to human existence and is fundamentally opposed to the rationalist tradition and to positivism. That is, it argues against definitions of human beings either as primarily rational, knowing beings who relate to reality primarily as an object of knowledge, or for whom action can or ought to be regulated by rational principles, or as beings who can be defined in terms of their behavior as it looks to or is studied by others. More generally it rejects all of the Western rationalist definitions of being in terms of a rational principle or essence or as the most general feature that all existing things share in common. Existentialism tends to view human beings as subjects in an indifferent, objective, often ambiguous, and "absurd" universe in which meaning is not provided by the natural order, but rather can be created, however provisionally and unstably, by human beings' actions and interpretations.

You're asking by now, "how does this relate to me?"
Simple.
I ride therefore I am.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Holy Cow Arn Butt Bill !!!-- ... well said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a professer in kollege what talkd like dat :roll:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Arn Butt Bill good stuff, guys like You make this fun
DDking your link on getting comfortable on the 1800 is just fantastic, it's gonna get a really big friend of mine 6'3" 250 a lotta help and gonna cause Me to spend some money this winter thanks so much for the tips and all Your research, ride comfie guys and gals ...snow...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
biglefti said:

Waldo said:
No comment....

Metaphysics lesson again?
An existential debate on a motorcycle-specific web forum (tech area, I might add)?

In an empiricle arena such as this it does not behoove the casual reader to seek the meaning of life; this value or meaning, and the value or meaning of the world around him, man defines himself in his own subjectivity, and wanders between choice, freedom, and existential angst.
Existentialism emphasizes action, freedom, and decision as fundamental to human existence and is fundamentally opposed to the rationalist tradition and to positivism. That is, it argues against definitions of human beings either as primarily rational, knowing beings who relate to reality primarily as an object of knowledge, or for whom action can or ought to be regulated by rational principles, or as beings who can be defined in terms of their behavior as it looks to or is studied by others. More generally it rejects all of the Western rationalist definitions of being in terms of a rational principle or essence or as the most general feature that all existing things share in common. Existentialism tends to view human beings as subjects in an indifferent, objective, often ambiguous, and "absurd" universe in which meaning is not provided by the natural order, but rather can be created, however provisionally and unstably, by human beings' actions and interpretations.

You're asking by now, "how does this relate to me?"
Simple.
I ride therefore I am.
Hey, ABB is right. This is the technical board.
So, some of us are probably wandering, from a purely technical perspective, what major component failure has caused this strange reaction from Bill.
The problem may be equipment related, such as a failure of the "vocal regulator" components, or, put in non-technical terms, his alligator mouth overran his tadpole brain. :a13:
Further diagnosis of the problem may indicate it is possibly "operator error" such as... "Forgot to put brain in gear before setting mouth in motion.":chatter:
After reviewing all the technical evidence, the final diagnosis is that Bill's brain is running on Nitrous and has WAY to much horsepower to be running on this track! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Bill, You'd have been great on Hollywood Squares. Have your people call their people to set up lunch to discuss reviving that classic show.

Now let me see if I get it...

I ride, therefore I am:
Happy
Zenning out
Not in therapy
Not doing my Honey-Dos'
At one with the world and God

Yep, got it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Bill, I couldn't have said it better myself!

Alternate responses:

What did you say?

or,

That's essentially true, but only if, as a rational being, you accept the existental model.

or,

You get the idea.....

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Arn Butt Bill,
I am with you on this one kid...and may I add, from the personalist point of view, Martin Bubber would turn over in his grave if he found out the depersonalized and objectifying manner in which Honda has been treating its consumers...Moreover, I do believe the disposibility traits exhibited by the manufacturing inconsistencies in various operational aspects of the Wingabego has created the culture shock of consumerism adaptability predicted by Wells, Toffler and perhaps hinted by McLuhan...I find these forces have given birth to the Corporate Church of Honda. You constantly hear these disciples defend the obvious imperfections of the immaculate design against the empirical evidence....perhaps, in the likeness of their denial of that the universe took more than 7 days to make...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nando said:
Arn Butt Bill,
I am with you on this one kid...and may I add, from the personalist point of view, Martin Bubber would turn over in his grave if he found out the depersonalized and objectifying manner in which Honda has been treating its consumers...Moreover, I do believe the disposibility traits exhibited by the manufacturing inconsistencies in various operational aspects of the Wingabego has created the culture shock of consumerism adaptability predicted by Wells, Toffler and perhaps hinted by McLuhan...I find these forces have given birth to the Corporate Church of Honda. You constantly hear these disciples defend the obvious imperfections of the immaculate design against the empirical evidence....perhaps, in the likeness of their denial of that the universe took more than 7 days to make...
Can we get a "Hullabalooya and Hey-man" from the congregation? :bow:
Praise unto Soichiro Honda. :bow:
Thou shalt ride no other bikes than Honda. :bow:
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Harley. :bow:
Etc....... :bow:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
Nando said:
Arn Butt Bill,
Can we get a "Hullabalooya and Hey-man" from the congregation? :bow:
Praise unto Soichiro Honda. :bow:
Thou shalt ride no other bikes than Honda. :bow:
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Harley. :bow:
Etc....... :bow:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC
:lol: Those 2 responses cracked me up. Thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
DOH!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts