GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to install a fuse block with relay to connect my lights and GPS/RadarD to. I have studied the layout of the fuse panel, and am ok with what to do with it. Where should I connect the relay so that all the power items are off when the key is turned off. Is there a feed from the switch that is used most times? Any advice is appreciated.
Allan

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Yep, you could build your own system from discrete parts or go with E/C's plug and play kit. The instructions will give you the option of triggering the relay from the 'ACC' position, or only from the 'ON' position.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I notice that EC has two options for the GL 1800. Which would you recommend using?

Thanks. :)

Todd

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hello Lewis. Thank you for responding with just the info needed. Nothing like getting it from the "horse's mouth." 8) :lol: Thought you might like to know that I just placed an order. I, and you should, thank the posters on this thread, as their suggestions influenced my decisio to buy from you. Maybe they should get a commission. :roll: :lol:

Thanks to all for your help. I appreciate it. Should make my task easier now. :D

Todd

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
jack riggs said:
hook the switching post of the relay to the accessory terminal of the fuse block
Please don't do that...it is only fused/wired for 5 amps...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
jack riggs said:
hook the switching post of the relay to the accessory terminal of the fuse block
Please don't do that...it is only fused/wired for 5 amps...
Jacks idea is a good one...use the terminal for switching a relay. The relay uses milli-amps and then can handle the big load of switching rather than trying to use the whopping 5 amps available on the acc terminal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts