GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEVER MIND, I got it off. It was also difficult to replace the cover. If anyone has a suggestion as to how to make the removal and replacement easier, please share it with me. :oops:

In the middle of attempting to remove the fuse box cover I encountered a SNAG :!: :roll: I have the side cover removed and the two latches on the side of the fuse box disengaged. :D

HOWEVER, I am unable to get the bottom left side unhooked so it will pull up and out. Dang!!! I know it can't be that difficult. I do not want to break off a piece of the cover or the box. What am I not doing correctly :?: :?: :?:

Thanks

Todd

·
Registered
164 Posts
Todd,

I do not know what year bike you have so this may be worthless. On my 06 I just grab the sides of the box and pull straight out while squeezing the tabs. It does hang up a little but a lot of squeeze and a firm pull gets it every time.

Marc

·
Registered
44 Posts
I always have to loosen the bolt that is just below the fuse box that is holding the cover behind the co-rider floorboard.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc and Rascal, thank you for the suggestions. My bike is an 05. I was hesitant to just pull the cover out against resistance for fear of breaking off a piece somewhere.

Losening the bolt at the bottom on the grey cover behind the passenger floor board sounds like a good solution. I was looking at the bolt but did not attempt to losen it. You can bet I will next time.

Thanks to both of you for your helpful responses. I appreciate it very much. :D Ride safely always. :)

Todd

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have an 05 and I push in on the bottom left of the fuse block and this gives me the clearance to remove the cover. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mockin said:
I have an 05 and I push in on the bottom left of the fuse block and this gives me the clearance to remove the cover. Hope this helps.
Yes, that does help, and thanks. I used some of that suggestion to get the cover back on the box. The fuse box is definitely not firmly fixed in its location.

Todd

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have an 05 and I just wiggle it a little and it come right out. You have to tilt it as I remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts