GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the fuse box on the 1800GL there are two acc screws. The manual tells you that you can hook accesseries to these but that's all it tells you. Is one a ground and one is hot or is both hot?? I'm getting to many wires hooked to the battery and would like to move some to that area but I'm not sure on the proper hook up.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Ken-if you take a flashlight and look at the screws, you will see a + sign below and to the left of the top screw. The lower one is negative.

I caution you NOT to hook up much to these however. The circuit is only a 5 amp rated one. You would be better off installing a seperate fuse block from Electical Connection (very good) or some other supplier. The wireing on an 1800 is very fragile.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
In addition, you should probably add a Ground block to give you a proper place to ground these accessories.

There is a common misconception that the ground terminal on the fuse block will accept many devices, but its wire is sized for the 5A rating of the supply fuse.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I was planning to hookup the new Kennedy GPS connection I just got from Jon but I found out that ACC connection works off of the iginition. I went back to the battery. Jon, the Kennedy connection for the GPS going thru the ICOM is great. Crytal clear. The old Garmin connection going thur AUX had a lot of noice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts