GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Fuzeblocks FZ-1 fuse panel in rear trunk's CB-CD cavity. Thanks to member Brian Fenner for sharing his location idea & some helpful info.

Instead of mounting on cavity floor I opted to install fuse panel on a liftable support panel tray that rests (Velcro tabbed) on the molded support shelf "lips" of the cavity. I can store small-item stuff adjacent to the fuse panel in the upper (CD) section as well as lift tray up & store small-item stuff beneath fuse panel tray in the lower (CB) cavity.

Mounted a 12V power accessory socket on support tray next to fuse panel. Socket's strong spring-loaded cap pressing against side of inserted accessory power plug helps hold plug very securely in power socket for reliable connection. Obtained this "Casco" socket from Wal-Mart approx $8 - $9. Auto parts stores carry identical socket under brand name "Bell".

From Wal-Mart got triple-socket power supply attached to center rear wall of main trunk via industrial grade Velcro. Power wire for this runs under trunk mat carpet & CB cavity lid, plugs into the 12V socket near fuse panel. I've thus tripled 12V power supply in main trunk & have total of 4 power sockets in trunk for rough cost $25. When the triple-socket is not needed, (if-as desired) I can pull it off trunk wall & stash it in either the upper or lower CB-CD cavity sections, above or beneath the tray panel. Cheap cost, & works for me.

Click pics for larger views.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment - but I just tried to somewhat emulate Brian Fenner's install, whose work is superb.

I just felt that using a liftable tray panel would suit my preferences better, as opposed to mounting the fuse panel on the floor of the CB cavity itself. A little higher, a little easier to work on inside the cavity if ever need be, and I wanted to be able to "divide" the cavity into upper & lower storage compartments so I can store "some" stuff away from contact with the fuse panel & associated wiring. I was still in process of considering that when I stumbled across pics from another member, name unrecalled, who had the same idea for a tray panel, and that clinched my own decision as a workable & viable one. So thanks to that member as well, with apologies for fact I can't recall that member's name.

I guess it could be said here that imitation is the best form of flattery, & that's one reason why I love this forum - members share such useful info & great ideas.

The addition of the triple-socket adapter in the main trunk that plugs into the accessory socket on the fuse panel tray was for pure convenience - power in the main trunk compartment, and when not needed I can store the adapter itself in the CB or CD cavity. Like I said, "works for me". Thanks again for the compliment, and I in turn thank all others mentioned for their "inspirations" that got me motivated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts