GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed the Garmin dock for my 395LM. It has an inline fuse. I'm adding a Fuzeblocks FZ-1 so I can clean up the wiring for my accessories. Do I need to change out the wiring for the Garmin or is it OK to have 2 of the same size fuses inline - one in the current wiring and one in the FZ-1?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Having both fuses online and the same size won't be an issue. Still if the FZ-1 is easier to get to I'd increase the other one jump it to eliminate it, and rely on the proper value fuse in the FZ-1. Having two the same size will force you to wonder which one blew if you short out the power somehow. Easier to check one place for fuses then two. Of the harming takes a 3Amp fuse put out in the FZ-1 and stick a higher amp fuse in the other inline and you will always know which one blew of it ever happens.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would get rid of one of them, unless they are both someplace that you can get to them easily. Whenever you have two fuses in the same line and you lose power to the device, you're never sure which fuse blew. Invariably, no matter which one you check first, it's the other one that's blown.

Alternatively, you can put a high amperage fuse in one of the holders, and be pretty confident that the other one (with normal rating for the device) is the one that blows.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured as much. I'll probably leave both in until I have time for a rainy weekend project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts