GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DANG, just watched again! You two, i hope are going to "Rocky's- Gold 2007". I want to watch it "Live", "In the ROCKY's". I've been to the Gap but not like that! I can't!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! OOPs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How's that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,391 Posts
Good, I didn't want Toyo to see that post. While he's a helleva rider, I don't think he's in the Wolf's league. Well, maybe the same league but down in the standings a little.

Then, there are some of us who are still in AAA.

I just tell myself: How fast I can go and how fast I choose to go are two different things. While it may not be true, it makes me feel a little better.

By the way, last Saturday before the 13 or so bikes left the DQ to head for the twisties, Rick (YW) reminded everybody that they should ride at their own pace. He then said something I guess I already knew but had never heard. "Riding a bike in the mountains is an ego driven sport."

Guess we should leave some of it (ego) at home when we head for the hills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Agree, Looking forward to the ride in the ROCKEY'S!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
trialsman said:
By the way, last Saturday before the 13 or so bikes left the DQ to head for the twisties, Rick (YW) reminded everybody that they should ride at their own pace. He then said something I guess I already knew but had never heard. "Riding a bike in the mountains is an ego driven sport."
Guess we should leave some of it (ego) at home when we head for the hills.
You did notice that, as the only 2-up rider in the group, I waved the warp-9 crowd ahead when we got to Wolfpen Gap... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,391 Posts
Which begs the question: What would you have done, if you had been riding solo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
trialsman said:
Which begs the question: What would you have done, if you had been riding solo?
I would've ridden a little bit more like a knob... 8) ...but never over my head. I wanna get old. Like you...
I've got no problem watching Rick's tail-lights getting smaller. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,367 Posts
I wanna get old. Like you...
Well you may get that old.......but you'll never get that handsome!!


Just trying to get back on Paul's good side! 8) How mi doing Paul?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,391 Posts
I knew the answer, before I asked it. :)

For those who've never ridden with Arn But, he is probably faster 2-up in the twisties than about 90% of the folks who ride 1800s. His "comfortable pace" 2-up would leave more than a few re-evaluating their riding skills.

Yep, I'm old and slow, but not as old or as slow as I look.

By the way, where did you get that picture of me in my Santa outfit. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,391 Posts
steve s said:
I wanna get old. Like you...
Well you may get that old.......but you'll never get that handsome!!


Just trying to get back on Paul's good side! 8) How mi doing Paul?



Good try, but you're not a very good liar. Thanks anyhow.
 

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
Joined
·
4,678 Posts
trialsman said:
steve s said:
I wanna get old. Like you...
Well you may get that old.......but you'll never get that handsome!!


Just trying to get back on Paul's good side! 8) How mi doing Paul?



Good try, but you're not a very good liar. Thanks anyhow.

Paul,

You are a slim, svelte gentleman.........there, that's how to get on Paul's good side, huh Paul?

That full rack of ribs you ate Saturday somehow made you slimmer! :wink:


Bob E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
trialsman said:
Yep, I'm old and slow, but not as old or as slow as I look.

By the way, where did you get that picture of me in my Santa outfit. :shock:
You're alot quicker than you think you are. You've shown steady progress since that ride we took to Asheville; your confidence has improved and your smoothness.
Alot is Traxxion; alot is practice.

And the picture of you as Santa? I slipped a camera into your basement for when you "play dress-up". 8)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top