GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple bikes that need to have a 'ring harness' hooked up to them so I can run my battery tenders to them this winter.

My tenders came with a 'fused ring harness', but I only have a couple without the fuses. I'm concerned that without the fuse, there may be a problem with the BTs hooked up for some time.

True...? Or should I just not worry?

Should I just buy a couple Battery Tender fused harnesses, make my own, or just hook up the non-fused deals?

Thanx in advance, folks. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
make your own

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think anything connected directly to the battery terminals ought to be fused. A short there w/o a fuse could be, um, bad--- yeah, that's the word; bad.

·
Registered
416 Posts
flanga said:
I think anything connected directly to the battery terminals ought to be fused. A short there w/o a fuse could be, um, bad--- yeah, that's the word; bad.
+1

Whether you get additional harnesses from your battery tender vendor or make your own, anything should have an in-line fuse.

IMHO - get a terminal strip for both your A+ and your ground. One fused cable from the A+ (positive) battery post and one cable from your ground (negative) post to each terminal strip. More than one "ring" or "eyelette" under the screw terminal and you run the risk of vibration working the screw terminal loose. Just a good sense measure.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DavidS said:
IMHO - get a terminal strip for both your A+ and your ground. One fused cable from the A+ (positive) battery post and one cable from your ground (negative) post to each terminal strip. More than one "ring" or "eyelette" under the screw terminal and you run the risk of vibration working the screw terminal loose. Just a good sense measure.
DavidS ...

I have no idea what this means. I can do some stuff that others cannot do, but this is not one of them. :?

Can I buy a "fused module" with a couple of pigtails (or some such) and just hook 'em up inline of some such? I have limited electrical skills, so I'll need guidance here, folks.

Or, should I just buy some $8 plus shipping BT harnesses?

Thanx.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bagger,

I have a bunch of the Deltran battery tender Ring/Fused leads for your bikes if you want. (New in Orig Pkg)

$6 each and about a $1 to ship them in a bubble envelope. Just let me know.

Bulldog

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bulldog said:
Bagger,

I have a bunch of the Deltran battery tender Ring/Fused leads for your bikes if you want. (New in Orig Pkg)

$6 each and about a $1 to ship them in a bubble envelope. Just let me know.

Bulldog
You've got mail, dude ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts