GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I posted what a gwrra official told me about future dings.. He said Madison, Wisconsin would be in 2012 followed by Ft. Wayne, Indiana in 2013.. So today at the event I see next year is Ft. Wayne.. I found him and asked what was up, as I had passed along some bad info.. He said there was a contractual problem and it was changed late.. Sorry for the bad post... My bad !!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
West side?

:wrong: when will we ever get one over on the West side of the USA ????? :shrug:

·
Registered
700 Posts
:wrong: when will we ever get one over on the West side of the USA ????? :shrug:

YEA...When's that going to happen??? :shrug:

·
Registered
754 Posts
$$$$$

For all the $$$$$ :cus:I send them :rat:, where’s the support for this side of the house :banghead:, should ALL of the members :chat: West of the Mississippi drop out. :thumbup: How much $$$$$ would they lose? :coolit:

·
Registered
754 Posts
They want our $$$$ but not us

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well it seems as though they started out this way and then headed East...what gives...don't they know how to do a u-turn...:shrug:

·
Registered
220 Posts
they don't go to the West coast because they did one year to santa claira Ca. or some place up by san fran and nobody went so then they said they would not have another one on the west coast:wrong:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well then...lets use that theory on the next war...nobody show up and then we'll never have another one...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I always thought Billings, Mt was west. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
The most members are in the midwest.
They base it on that and the $$$ they spend at the rally.

I have been to many but stopped going years ago.
To many other rallies in my area that are more fun.
I will say that if it is in Madison, we'll go for a day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wing Ding

So why dont they have a Wing Ding in the east and one in the west so you can go to one that is close to you instead of traveling 2500 miles. I hope they have another one in Billings again, have been to all 3

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm with you guys. The only reason we went is that we have friends to visit in the area. If we ever go again, it will be on our own, to do our own rides. There are far too many great roads in the Southwest that don't suffer from rain, bad storms and humidity. Coast-to-coast is a little pricy to just buy two tee shirts and a set of Baker Wings. We joined GWRRA for this event, and have never been contacted by any of our local chapters since.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice wine. You guys all own touring bikes that are supremely capable of eating up a lot of miles in a day. You’d think you all owned sport bikes for all the complaining about having to ride too far. Honestly, it doesn’t take that long to cross the country and it can be done very comfortably on a wing.

We’re on the west coast of Canada and I’m glad wing ding isn’t someplace too close like California. We like having a destination that will let us do some good riding and touring, because we have a touring bike! YMMV. Obviously…. :smile:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've always wondered why GWRRA didn't find a central location city where the state laws allowed the drawings, without a dart board contest? AND AT LEAST HAVE ENOUGH PARKING FOR MORE THAN 20% or less of the bikes attending. I will never attend another one at Knoxville Convention Center and I overheard many of the participates & dealers saying the same.

Maybe as one post recommended, a West Rally and an East Rally?? How about one in the late spring and another in the early fall. I like to ride and don't mind the distance, however these July temps over 100 and humitity near or above 90% are for the S&%Ts!!!

Regards,

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've got to say I enjoyed Tulsa. More centrally located and more importantly everything was in one spot with lots of parking. You only had to walk outside of the vendor area to parking, riding courses, top gun, etc. Very nice.

Anyone have any experience with Ft. Wayne? It looks like it may be similar to Tulsa in that way.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Great! Glad to hear it. I'm perfectly OK with riding 2400 miles to get there. I look forward to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts