GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I can save others from wasting their time. Found this deal on cycletrader. I guess it's okay in California to omit the fact that you charge over $2,000 in fees (10%) above and beyond taxes.

"Apologies! Here is the breakdown:

MSRP:$23,800
Discount: $3,801
REDUCED PRICED: $19,999
A.D.M. -> Assembly, destination, etc. $3,995
tax, title, one way registration: ****

TOTAL: $23,339.81

I recieved this price directly from my manager. Looks like he added an additional discount on top of the $3801 that is already discounted."

Reactions: redliner100

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have seen add-on fees many times on Cycletrader ads.

Reactions: Arkyrider

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
a USED bike.
As a demo that has never been titled, it is technically a NEW bike. But yeah, way too much for a demo, even with the full factory warranty.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, the original listing when I saw it on Friday showed only 500 miles!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Even before vehicle shortages this year that have driven up prices, this particular dealer always added ADM (additional dealer markup) to every deal. That isn't unusual in the SoCal marketplace. You have to hunt to find dealers that don't add the ADM, but they do exist.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As a demo that has never been titled, it is technically a NEW bike. But yeah, way too much for a demo, even with the full factory warranty.
The bike may be considered as new, but the original Honda warranty runs from the date of manufacture to the end of the 3 year warranty. The warranty does not 'start' on the day of purchase. This bikes original warranty ended sometime during 2021.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought the same thing.
I did some research and was told otherwise. If this is a 'purchase' issue for you, I would urge to you double check with 'Honda' before buying the bike.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
"Demo" may be the key.

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The bike may be considered as new, but the original Honda warranty runs from the date of manufacture to the end of the 3 year warranty. The warranty does not 'start' on the day of purchase. This bikes original warranty ended sometime during 2021.
You're going to have to cite your source on that, because I think you're wrong. If that is the case, why is it "date of manufacture"? Why isn't it 3 years from the date it arrived at the dealer? You did some research and were "told" otherwise. Told by whom?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Sorry, but that is incorrect……it is NOT from the date of manufacture, see below.
From Honda’s very own warranty booklet…

Source:

Human body Rectangle Font Magenta Window

Coverage Begins:
• the date the motorcycle is sold to the first purchaser, or
• the date it is first used as a demonstrator, lease, or company motorcycle – whichever comes first.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Not true. That would result in the warranty being in progress while the bike was being moved by boat from Japan... rides the train to the distribution center, and then sits in the showroom... I think the only way a warranty would be running would be if the bike had been titled in some way... "sold" to someone at some point.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I thought the same thing.
I did some research and was told otherwise. If this is a 'purchase' issue for you, I would urge to you double check with 'Honda' before buying the bike.
Good advice to check the VIN with American Honda.The warranty begins the day a previously untitled VIN is sold and the MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) is "burned" or sent electronically to American Honda. That becomes the motorcycle's in service date and start of warranty period. Occasionally American Honda makes new in the crate bikes available to dealers at dramatically lowered prices. Recent examples were large numbers of 2014 Valkyries sold in 2017-18 and 2014 CB1100s sold in 2017- 2018. These bikes came with full factory warranties dating from their respective in service dates. Certain dealers participated in a program in 2018 that involved demonstrator 2018 Goldwings. The bikes were available for sale by participating dealers after logging 2000 miles or after July 2018 when Honda released the VINs for sale regardless of accumulated mileage. Prior to 2000 miles or July 2018 the bikes were not available to sell. The warranties began at the date of sale to a retail buyer.

I believe a 2019 GW demo with that many miles and an unburned MSO is almost certainly a bike ridden by the dealership outside of American Honda's knowledge. There are dealers that will take bikes out of the crate for personal use.

·
Registered
2 non Honda motorcycles for now...maybe a 2022 Wing soon
2,275 Posts
I bought a 2007 VFR Interceptor in 2009 with 600 miles on it that was a Honda "executive" bike. Got the full factory warranty with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts