GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just since Christmas. <sigh>

This time it's due to the overheating issue in the car, even when not on the brightest display setting.

Also, I opted to have them ship the new one before I return the current one. This may cost me a bit of interest but it will be worth it to me. I had to guarantee it with a credit card but they will return the money when they get the return unit. $799, full list price. Don't know about shipping.

The support guy said he would request the new unit be tested before it's shipped. Don't they do that to a relevant sample size anyway, I hope?

David M.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to self :D

Received the new unit today. It has the marine data, but still has the old Q3-05 database. Kinda weird. I don't care to spend the money to update the database every year at $75, maybe every other year.

Took a reset to stabilize the USB on the iWay. It was going crazy connecting and disconnecting to the laptop about once per second.

Transfer of the .usr data (waypoints and routes) went flawlessly, apparently. Unfortunately, I need to rip all my CD's again as iWay #1 lost over half the songs. Another week of boring work. <sigh>

David M.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
So if you go to 'straight line' mode, do you have a map-selection choice where you can choose the two marine mapsets?

(PS: I find it easier to rip the music and keep it on the PC - just an FYI) :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In straight line mode, there are 3 options for the maps
1. turn-by-turn, which still uses the normal street maps,
2. standard, which sometimes shows straight-line routes between waypoints with streets and sometimes without the streets. haven't figured out the rules for that yet
3. NauticPath, which doesn't show any data for the Tennessee River, but does show coastlines along the Gulf of Mexico with pier placements, underwater obstructions, and more neat stuff. This mode doesn't appear to show routes over land, but I'm still playing with it.

Do you show another marine dataset?
When I choose the NauticPath, after a few seconds a copyright window comes up with 2 entries, but I don't know if one can choose one versus the other. I just assumed they were both in there.

David M.
<above info subject to change at any moment> :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts