GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having some trouble with all 3 500c's. Sometimes one audio channel (usually the right) will have no output. Repeated disconnect/reconnect of the power/audio cable will correct this, but it is a pain in the patoot.

Don't know any method to make this work properly every time, so y'all be advised of this. Same thing has happened on all 3 units.

David M.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Does this happen with both the hard-wired cable and the car lighter speaker adapter? Pretty strange...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it does. It happened in the house on #3 while trying to load the songs again. It happened on the bike with #1 and #2. <sigh>

The power/audio cord is not common as I use 3 different ones, one for the car, a different one for the bike, and the standard one in the house.

David M.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Seems awfully strange that you'd have the same audio problem with 3 different 500Cs. What sort of stereo speakers/headset are you using for stereo? Have you tested them to ensure that they are not the problem? You say you have 3 power/audio cords. What is the third? My 500C came with two - the cigarette adapter cord with a mono speaker and the power/audio cord for hardwiring the GPS.

Bill

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered another hardwired cord for the car.

David M.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I also get the occassional 'cut-out' of one of the channels.
Seems to cut back in while in a sharp turn!

AG GL

·
Registered
702 Posts
I also get the occassional 'cut-out' of one of the channels.
Seems to cut back in while in a sharp turn!

AG GL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts