GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And as the Great Woody Hayes would say. Ohio State VS. That dammed school up North. Right or wrong Woody Hayes was 110% for OHIO STATE. Forgive me woody for saying the " M" word. GO OHIO STATE.

·
Registered
91 Posts
A little boy and his mother were walking through a Columbus cemetery, when they came upon a headstone that read: "Here lies an Ohio State football player and a good man."

The little boy asked his mother, "Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?"

:beer3: .............Going to be a GREAT game.........GO BLUE!!!

C

·
0 Posts
What started the whole OSU, MS rivalry?

It seems Ohio can't get along with anybody.... :lol: :lol:

Ohio State Vs. Michigan
Browns vs. Steelers... What gives?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Yawn.

For the most part, barely literate athletes who, for the most part, will end up working at car washes or factories.

The colleges should just drop the charade that they are actually students and start giving them paychecks. JMO

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
cjmitch said:
What started the whole OSU, MS rivalry?

It seems Ohio can't get along with anybody.... :lol: :lol:

Ohio State Vs. Michigan
Browns vs. Steelers... What gives?
Copied from About.com:
When It All Began:
The UofM / OSU rivalry began in 1897, when the Wolverines stomped the Buckeyes 34 - 0 in Ann Arbor. The first 14 years weren't much of a "rivalry" as Michigan dominated Ohio with 12 wins and 2 tie games.
Bo vs. Woody:
The rivalry already existed, but it grew to be larger than life when Bo Schembechler, a former protege of Ohio State coach Woody Hayes, faced off against his mentor for the first time in the 1969 Michigan / Ohio game. Bo Schembechler and the Michigan Wolverines defeated the unbeaten, and number one ranked college football team 24 - 12. Bo's "10-year War" with Woody resulted in 5 wins, 4 losses and 1 tie for Michigan.
Michigan Dominates The End of The Millenium:
From 1988 to 2000, Michigan dominated the rivalry again to close out the millenium just as they had started it. They lost only twice and defeated the Buckeyes 10 times, 3 of them spoiling undefeated seasons for Ohio State.
Legacy of the Rivalry:
Michigan and Ohio State have decided the Big Ten Conference Championship between themselves 19 times. The Michigan / OSU game, traditionally the final game of the season, has affected or helped decide the conference champion an additional 21 times.
Combined, the University of Michigan and Ohio State University football programs have had 9 Heisman Trophy winners, 18 National Championships, 69 Big Ten titles, and more than 1,500 victories.

I say it's time to repeat that first victory. GO BLUE :wink: :p

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Hope it's better than the typical Stupid Bowl!

B

·
0 Posts
trialsman said:
The colleges should just drop the charade that they are actually students and start giving them paychecks. JMO
And you think they don't pay them?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Browns? How dare you mention the Browns when the subject of football comes up! LOL :wink: :lol:

I got a call from my step-son last night to tell me they are doing the traditional jumping in the Mirror Lake to ensure an OSU victory.

Just to keep this on topic, I will be unable to ride my Wing tomorrow as I watch this game. :wink:

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Should be a great game. Hope your team wins.

Since I'm a fan of teams a little farther south (SEC teams) I'll be glad when it's over so all the hype will be gone (a countdown clock at the bottom of the screen during other games!).

I was watching a great, muddy MAC game Wednesday, and all the bonehead announcers could talk about was the Saturday game. For goodness sake, at least give the players on the field a little respect....they were playing their hearts out in a 9-7 game that went down to the wire. Sheeesh!

Oh, well. Hope all the fans have a good day. Go WolverEyes!

GO VOLS!

Bob E.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I don't worry about Ohio State and Michigan. Why? The Illinois football team can't even win a game....

Hmmm.... I don't worry about Illinois football anymore either.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
SOME players do all right for themselves. Look at Roger Staubach and Emmit Smith, for example. I guess what fuels winners on the field fuels them for life, too.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Heres one
GO BUCKS!!!!!

A farmer outside of Ann Arbor was working his cattle one day when he
>> heard faint music coming from nearby.
>> After hunting about for a time, he discovered the sound was loudest
>> near one particular calf, and was even louder near the calf's tail.
>> Putting
>> his head close to the calf's hind end, he heard the University of
>> Michigan's
>> fight song.
>>
>> Amazed, he put the calf in the truck and drove the animal to a vet
>> in Ann Arbor.
>> When the vet asked him what was going on, the farmer told him.
>> The vet went around behind the calf and gave a listen.
>> He casually agreed he heard the University of Michigan's fight song
>> but didn't seem particularly excited.
>>
>> "Man, this is unbelievable! How can you stand there and not be
>> amazed?" the farmer asked.
>> The vet, a third generation Ohio State University graduate, said,
>> "Hell, Bud, I'm a Buckeye and I've been listening to a$$holes sing that
>> song
>> my whole life."
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
It is with heavy heart that I announce that Bo Schembechler died today. He had just arrived at WDIV studios to do commentary on tomorrows big game when he collapsed in the mens room. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
That'll be some big time motivation for big Blue...

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
This should be one great game.

By the way y'all need to have some respect when you talk about my team; that's The Ohio State Buckeyes! 8)

p.s.
My brother in law graduated from OSU and makes a 6 figure salary.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
----THE----

1 - 20 of 44 Posts