GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting to the back of the shelves. This back plastic whatchamacallit (help with name, pls!) clips to the top of the dash on GL1800 1 & 2 generation and will also fit nicely on the static part of a Madstad windshield. May fit others as well. Drilled with 4 holes to fit 2 or 4 hole RAM mounts. I've added Velcro for additional hold, you may wish to remove. I used this to hold my GPS up and on top of the dash, thus cleaning off the handlebars. 5 ish years old, but no cracks. $25 shipped to CONUS.

Well used but clean Hopnel map pouch. Band attaches with velcro at the top and then wraps around below where the key goes, the two tabs are held down by the gas tank lid. About 10.5x10.5 or so. White square is an additional hook and loop fastener I added, works in case the original comes loose. Plastic has seen some miles but you can still read a paper map through it, if you still like paper maps. This dates from 2011. $18 shipped to CONUS, or $10 if shipped with the dash mount above. Still trying to figure out how to mount on my Vstrom tank bag...may yet McGyver something.

Paypal or Zelle (preferred). Thanks!

-Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Would you happen to have a photo of a whatchumacallit mounted on the bike?

I'm trying to figure out how and where is that suppose to go.....and my imagination failed me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not, as bike is sold. However, if you look at Honda GL1800 vent mount (Nuvi) w/ faceplate down
You will see a mount that attaches to the vent. The mount I have slips over the ridge of the dash instead of mounting to the vent, so your GPS would be positioned slightly below what you see in the linked picture.

-Todd

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Unfortunately not, as bike is sold. However, if you look at Honda GL1800 vent mount (Nuvi) w/ faceplate down
You will see a mount that attaches to the vent. The mount I have slips over the ridge of the dash instead of mounting to the vent, so your GPS would be positioned slightly below what you see in the linked picture.

-Todd
Thanks for the explanation, Todd. So the curved (U-shaped) part would slip over the top of the Wing's dashboard (see attached photo with the top of the dashboard marked blue), right? Does that mean that the side with the velcro would got to the bottom of the windshield vent (or close there)?...

Sorry for all the questions but still trying to picture it.... Thanks again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're correct that the U shaped part slips over the top of the Wing's dash. The long flat part provides a small shelf, and that's the part that's pre-drilled so you can put your ram mount ball on it. The part with the Velcro goes toward, but not all the way to, where the vent is. You can see I have attached Velcro there too, so you'd attached a strip to the top of the dash if you wished for extra stability.

Does this help?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes, it does. Thank you for your patience with me.

Yes, I would like to purchase it. Is PayPal okay? You can send me a PM with your info and we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts