GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Honda oem garage door opener installed on my 2018.
I want to reprogram the left one to a new door. Has anyone done this successfully. If so how did you do it.
Thanks Ray

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
I've done it with built in units more than one cage.

iirc, just program the new door and it will 'write over' the info for the old one.

I believe the cage units came from the same source as Honda uses for the wing.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

I believe the cage units came from the same source as Honda uses for the wing.

I agree.... I had to go dig up programming instructions and I found "Honda Car" instructions. Worked like a charm.....

·
Registered
169 Posts
This youtube video should help
I have two garage doors - a "newer" Liftmaster (about 10 years old) and a very old Liftmaster. For the newer one, all I had to do was hold the button on the bike and remote at the same time like he does in the first part of the video and then that button on the bike was programmed. For the older one I had to additionally press the "learn" button on the garage door opener itself and then press the button on the bike like he does in the second half of the video.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to reprogram as suggested but it still remains programmed as it was before. I somehow have to remove the old program. Any other suggestions?

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
I know in a car if you hold down the homelink button for about 20 seconds it erases the memory..

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Are these the instructions you were/are trying?

ERASING HOMELINK BUTTONS
• To erase programming from both HomeLink buttons (individual buttons cannot be erased but can be
“reprogrammed” as outlined below), follow the step noted:
• Press and hold the two HomeLink buttons for at least 10 seconds. The LED indicator will change from
continuously lit to rapidly flashing. Release both buttons. Do not hold for longer than 20 seconds.
HomeLink is now ready to be programmed at any time beginning with “Programming a New HomeLink
Button” - step 1.

REPROGRAMMING A SINGLE HOMELINK BUTTON
• To program a previously trained button, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the desired HomeLink button. DO NOT release the button.
2. The indicator light will begin to slowly flash after 20 seconds. The HomeLink button can be released
at this point. Proceed with “Programming a New HomeLink Button” - step 3.
3. If you do not complete the programming of a new device to the button, it will revert to the previously
stored programming.
• In the event that there are still programming difficulties or questions, additional HomeLink
information and programming videos can be found at www.HomeLink.com and www.youtube.com/
HomeLinkGentex, or by calling the toll-free HomeLink hotline at 1-800-355-3515.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone - have tried everything - nothing worked so far. Homelink is working on a solution for me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ray I had the same problem I had to erase both buttons about5 times and finally got her done. This is how I erased mine hold down both buttons at the same time with key on for 60 seconds it will erase both then start relearn again, my newer door just used the remote for the door, the older one was pure H I had to push the learn button on door opener itself but I was to slow so my wife held the button down on the bike when I went up the latter to the opener.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts