I have two garage doors - a "newer" Liftmaster (about 10 years old) and a very old Liftmaster. For the newer one, all I had to do was hold the button on the bike and remote at the same time like he does in the first part of the video and then that button on the bike was programmed. For the older one I had to additionally press the "learn" button on the garage door opener itself and then press the button on the bike like he does in the second half of the video.
ERASING HOMELINK BUTTONS
• To erase programming from both HomeLink buttons (individual buttons cannot be erased but can be
“reprogrammed” as outlined below), follow the step noted:
• Press and hold the two HomeLink buttons for at least 10 seconds. The LED indicator will change from
continuously lit to rapidly flashing. Release both buttons. Do not hold for longer than 20 seconds.
HomeLink is now ready to be programmed at any time beginning with “Programming a New HomeLink
Button” - step 1.
REPROGRAMMING A SINGLE HOMELINK BUTTON
• To program a previously trained button, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the desired HomeLink button. DO NOT release the button.
2. The indicator light will begin to slowly flash after 20 seconds. The HomeLink button can be released
at this point. Proceed with “Programming a New HomeLink Button” - step 3.
3. If you do not complete the programming of a new device to the button, it will revert to the previously
• In the event that there are still programming difficulties or questions, additional HomeLink
information and programming videos can be found at www.HomeLink.com and www.youtube.com/
HomeLinkGentex, or by calling the toll-free HomeLink hotline at 1-800-355-3515.
I initially did my two as in the link below. Just this week I had to clear one of my openers. I reconnected it to the bike bike by pressing the learn button on the opener, then pressing the Homelink button on the bike. Worked first try.
Ray I had the same problem I had to erase both buttons about5 times and finally got her done. This is how I erased mine hold down both buttons at the same time with key on for 60 seconds it will erase both then start relearn again, my newer door just used the remote for the door, the older one was pure H I had to push the learn button on door opener itself but I was to slow so my wife held the button down on the bike when I went up the latter to the opener.