GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
First pickings today, 3 tomatoes and 1 bell pepper. I should be picking cucumbers and snow peas in a couple days. Oh! I forgot I had green onions and leaf lettuce already.

Reactions: CAWing

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
looks good!!! I have only seen hydro systems on TV. Looks like it would work real good in a backyard. My garden is in a 600 acre county park. They plow it for whom ever wants a garden in the spring. I also have a water faucet right beside it. There use to be about 20 people with gardens. This year I am the only one.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
@ Boomer, when I saw that picture of your garden I thought Wow that Boomer guy is a real "land Baron" and I wanted to see a picture of the Castle that he lives in. :ROFLMAO: Enjoy your garden. Does the county park charge you a fee for the use of the land & water?

Reactions: Boomer1832cc

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
LOL, no I only have about 3/4 acre. I’m guessing that the picnic shelters, other picnic tables, basketball courts, tennis Courts, and kiddie splash park take up about 20 acres. The park is half in the hills (which is unused) and the flat part borders the Ohio River.
I’m surprised more people don’t take advantage of the free gardens. And no, there is no charge to plow the garden to get it ready or for the water. Plus they mow around the gardens.

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I found an old picture I took of my truck when I first bought it. It was taken in the park looking back the other way, towards the hills.
CEC92B76-5E2B-4293-96A9-D0D270F4A362.jpeg

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Good looking truck and a great picture of the surrounding area.

Reactions: Wahoo

·
Registered
154 Posts
looks good!!! I have only seen hydro systems on TV. Looks like it would work real good in a backyard. My garden is in a 600 acre county park. They plow it for whom ever wants a garden in the spring. I also have a water faucet right beside it. There use to be about 20 people with gardens. This year I am the only one.
I built both of these myself with PVC, Aquarium pumps and air filters. These have been running 5 years and always out-do the dirt plantings. Varmints doing get at them either.

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
B07D085F-90D2-4BF1-84A4-02F4AD0E9DD7.jpeg

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ronnie, @CAWing doesn’t know me as well as you! You know that I would just as soon eat the dirt it grew in as eat slaw. :p The wifey eats all the slaw around here. Canning pickles and freezing snow peas today.

We picked 6 quarts of blackberries last weekend and made jelly.

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I rode 300 miles by noon and picked 6 quarts of blackberries. I wasn’t too far from Murgieville. Man! It was tempting, I was close to the triple nickel and all those great roads without riding any of them.:(

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
88A5C936-F62A-4E20-95B2-AF0D8244E2A4.jpeg
EE2AA195-13E6-429B-8D52-04C2CBF40528.jpeg

Reactions: rchrugg and CAWing

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
A big ole scoop of vanilla ice cream would do those berries justice. 🍦

·
DSI Keeper
9,128 Posts
I rode 300 miles by noon and picked 6 quarts of blackberries. I wasn’t too far from Murgieville. Man! It was tempting, I was close to the triple nickel and all those great roads without riding any of them.:(
Bet you were at Wagner's Farm out of Lowell.

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
A big ole scoop of vanilla ice cream would do those berries justice. 🍦
It’s all going to be jelly!:)

Bet you were at Wagner's Farm out of Lowell.
That is correct sir. Blackberries are just coming on hard. It only took me about 35 minutes to pick 6 quarts.

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Mmmmmm!
F7249039-9896-4A42-9291-A795C597A591.jpeg

I started to say this is the finished product. But my empty plate is the finished product! LOL

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hehe, looks good! But in the UK Jif isn't peanut butter, it's a toilet cleaner!! Since the UK is looking for more trade deals with the US now that we've left Europe, I'll need to take care what I'm eating in the future... :oops: :)

·
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Two like this today! YUM!

57286D36-1629-45F2-AD42-07E8755ECF3C.jpeg

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
21 - 40 of 46 Posts