GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beta to the next release on the Garmin 2610/2650 is out. Notice that I said beta. I will tell you that Garmin betas have been very stable in the past, but understand that there is no support for beta versions from Garmin. If there is any problem, you can always flash back to ver 2.90. The manipulation of via points was based on my suggestion. (I had to pat myself a little.)

·
Registered
296 Posts
One of the biggest plusses to the upgrade, from my viewpoint, was the addition of WAAS capability. Improves the accuracy of the GPS quite a bit.

I have had no problem with the 2.95 upgrade. As you said, Garmin's beta releases have always been rock-solid.

RM

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Looked at the Garmin site, only version 2.90 is listed for download. Where is the 2.95, or is it just not listed as this?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
How does one revert back to the 2.70?

I had a little glitch downloading the map sets for our trip to Bulldogs tomorrow. It would not finish downloading and after a couple of trys and turning off the GPS it worked.
Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
The new Beta has some neat features - like a route preview, etc. I think most will see the biggest improvement/changes than from any other update. I sure hope mine doesn't crash now that I've talked good about it!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
2.95 Beta

My 2610 has been functioning flawlessly for two weeks or so with the beta upgrade. I have no problems with it whatsoever. I especially like the WAAS enabling. Have not tried the route preview yet.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There is a audio language up date also on the web site. Has any one installed it and if so what does it do.

Panther

1 - 8 of 8 Posts