GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been using the Garmin 2610 GPS with gloves on? Light gloves, medium weight gloves, heavy winter gloves, rain mitts? How well the the touch screen work? I'm thinking about upgrading from the GPS V to the 2610. If the touchscreen is a real hassle maybe the Streetpilot III would be a better choice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been using my 2610 with various gloves and have had no real problems manipulating the screens (even while moving - I know, not a good idea!). Heavy gloves may require a few extra pushes until I get the right spot, but still doable. But, after wiping my dirty fingers/gloves all over the screen for a while now, I'm really thinking about attaching a small stylus near the GPS. I think I would put less wear and tear on the screen surface and also eliminate any concerns about glove thickness.

I would certainly recommend the 2610.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
A stylus could puncture the screen surface with a bump, think a pencil erasor would be better. Still waiting for the motorcycle modified kit to come in. Feb 27 shipping date??

·
Registered
824 Posts
What motorcycle modified kit? Will it work with a III?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts