GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone used the Garmin motorcycle mount kit for the 2610, & if so any suggestions on mounting places on the 1800 would be appreiciated!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just looked at the pictures of the Garmin mount. The problem I see is that it hooks up where the headset hooks up. It seems that you could not use it and the headset together.
I hope EC has their setup ready soon!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!
I should be receiving the mount in the next few days, so I guess I'll workout a mounting place for it! :)

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
As far as I know, the motorcycle mount should be out possibly this month FEB. The pics I saw showed a phono jack for the aux input audio. Presently considering mounts of, the small tulsa plate (maybe to small), telexent mounting bar, or a homemade mount like the bulter cup mounts on with two screws. The dash is to far away to reach.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm thinking of going with the VP Accessories 2610 mount to the center of the dash, mostly because I want it a little closer to eye-level while traveling. Frankly, the idea of looking down to read the GPS (with a helmet on, to reduce visibility even more) scares me! :shock:

Are you saying you're going to ignore the dash mount, because it'll keep the GPS out of arms reach?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts