GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm flushing my old street pilot 2610 and ordered a Zumo 660 and want to mount it on my existing Jon's (Gold Wing Gadgets) dash mount. What do I need to adapt the 660 to the mount and what do I need for a wiring harness?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dash Mount

I would like to have an answer to this also, I'm getting ready to switch from my Garmin 2610 to a Zumo 550. Would like to know what is needed for this switch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dang I asked the same question a couple weeks ago and got no real answers so I called Kennedy Electronics. They sold me a $30 cord to hook into the existing stuff I had for my 2610. I use a ram mount on the left handle bar. The zumo comes with a cradle that has the power wire and audio connected to it. This cradle has a flat back that bolts onto a ram ball mount with 4 bolts so it should be able to be adapted to just about any type of mount.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
OK, I'm flushing my old street pilot 2610 and ordered a Zumo 660 and want to mount it on my existing Jon's (Gold Wing Gadgets) dash mount. What do I need to adapt the 660 to the mount and what do I need for a wiring harness?
I dumped a Garmin 276c that was mounted on one of Jon's dash mounts for a 660 on the same mount about a year ago. The mounting holes on the 660 mount are almost identical to the older Garmin brackets like yours. Jon used some rubber mounts to hold the old mount on that I was unable to use so I removed them and elongated a couple of the mounting holes on the dash mount and the 660 bolted right up. The 660 does mount slightly off center but still looks good. I routed the wire out of the 660 mount over the instrument panel just like Jon's original instructions said.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang I asked the same question a couple weeks ago and got no real answers so I called Kennedy Electronics. They sold me a $30 cord to hook into the existing stuff I had for my 2610. I use a ram mount on the left handle bar. The zumo comes with a cradle that has the power wire and audio connected to it. This cradle has a flat back that bolts onto a ram ball mount with 4 bolts so it should be able to be adapted to just about any type of mount.
Yoy wouldn't have the part number for that cord would you????? THANKS!

·
Registered
852 Posts
What's the Jon's mount look like? I am looking for something to build that would go on the dash, below the vent.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I dumped a Garmin 276c that was mounted on one of Jon's dash mounts for a 660 on the same mount about a year ago. The mounting holes on the 660 mount are almost identical to the older Garmin brackets like yours. Jon used some rubber mounts to hold the old mount on that I was unable to use so I removed them and elongated a couple of the mounting holes on the dash mount and the 660 bolted right up. The 660 does mount slightly off center but still looks good. I routed the wire out of the 660 mount over the instrument panel just like Jon's original instructions said.
This is a very good option as it is how I mounted my 660. I'll be darned if I'll give up my dash mount as I love the location. It really is as easy as Tex says. A couple years ago I removed the dash while repairing deer strike damage and added supports to the underside of the dash to help eliminate any 'hopping' of the GPS. Seems to work very well...

AG GL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys! I now have the 660 mounted on Jons mount and wired into the Battery. Great location! I believe it better then the 2610, but still need an adapter connection to get it into the head sets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
660 sound distortion

Hi, I've had my 660 for a while now, and it has developed sound distortion in the MP3 player. Problem could be somewhere in the Wing, I suppose, but this seems unlikely.

Sounds like the 660 MP3 is playing inside of a tin bucket with the volume turned way down. Anyone else had this issue ?

Any suggestions as to troubleshooting - determining whether it's the 660, or somewhere else (like the plug-n-play connections; the RC connector is taped to keep it from pulling apart).

No distortion with the radio or intercom. I have a 2005.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Hi, I've had my 660 for a while now, and it has developed sound distortion in the MP3 player. Problem could be somewhere in the Wing, I suppose, but this seems unlikely.

Sounds like the 660 MP3 is playing inside of a tin bucket with the volume turned way down. Anyone else had this issue ?

Any suggestions as to troubleshooting - determining whether it's the 660, or somewhere else (like the plug-n-play connections; the RC connector is taped to keep it from pulling apart).

No distortion with the radio or intercom. I have a 2005.

Thanks for any ideas.
Most likely you have a bad ground on the AUX input on your bike if that is where you have the 660 connected, if so check the 3.5mm plugs are clean maybe use some cleaner also check the 3 pin connector under the left pocket

Found a picture from WALDO make sure the audio ground in the picture is indeed ground you will need a multimeter

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the 660 on Jon's mount on my 01. I also installed the Touratech mount so the 660 is locked in place. It never comes of the bike now. I just installed the new J&M ipod mps bluetooth player. Now I can use my handlebar controls to move through songs and playlists on my 660. Excellent addition as there is no more reaching for the screen to select songs.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts