GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about buying myself a Christmas present. I think a Garmin 2610 would be perfect. Could you tell me, in addition to the Garmin, what will I need to buy? ( mounting bracket, ect. ect,) :?:

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The most important thing you will need is a way to mount the GPS to the bike. Right now there is not much available. I have a couple of home made mounts that I have been using (one dash and one over the key). Garmin is supposedly coming out with a clamp-on bracket similar to the SPIII mount which should open up the market (RAM, etc.), but for now options are limited. The 2610 comes with a power/speaker cord, so you will need an available 12v socket. That's about it to get started! Kennedy is supposedly going to make a GPS set which will integrate the 2610 into the bike's audio. Until then, this is another "you gotta make it yourself" option! The upcoming Garmin mount is also supposed to come with a different power cord which would allow easier direct-wiring.

If you want to see some picts of my mounts, check out the BigBikeRiders photopage under "chriscorbitt". If you need more detials, I'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hope the 2610 is a good choice because I too just ordered one. GPSCity has the mount and wire which will allow intregration into the Goldwing audio system -- meaning, it will provide the external jack for the Kennedy system to hook into the 2610. Mount looks pretty good. Suppose to be available for shipment 4 Dec.

Hope you like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts