GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, many times I have been close to a destination, only to loose the signal due to trees and buildings. So now My toy will be the garmin 2650. A price difference of about $250 more, but my wife could not find North on a map, so it will be worth it to me. Hope all the reports about the 2610 is as good as I expect. Now I just have to make a splice jumper into the speedometer correcting board to make a quick and easy tie in. Without the speedo signal, the 2650 will act as a 2610. The reverse hookup is not needed really. Will have it wired to the cage for usage also, this does have a quick hookup cable per vehicle type only. Now I have to find a good price on a 2gb card. UPDATE PART....installed today, just keeps on trucking. GPS tracking is secondary now, just revalidates the present position. The extra wiring is two plug that goes into the speaker/dc case. One is to wire (green) to reverse lights, the other (orange) connects to positive speedometer pulse. (cruise control wire is easy access). So anyone who cuts the original connector and wonders what the two orange/green wires are for, here ya go!!! Cost without $50 install, $1050 (did add 2nd cable to cage).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts