GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Garmin 2720 and am wondering how can I go about updating with the latest maps. Any and all suggestions are welcome... Thanks in advance

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have three Garmin 2720's. Up until about 8 to 10 months ago, I have been unable to update the 2720. I had always used the Garmin Express and Web Updater to keep the 2720 up to date. Now, it looks like they are no longer supporting the updates. I've moved on to the 14XX series of receivers to take up the slack.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I have three Garmin 2720's. Up until about 8 to 10 months ago, I have been unable to update the 2720.
What map sets do you currently have on your 3 units?

·
Registered
648 Posts
2720, I had a couple of those back in the day, 2730s actually. Thanks for the memories.

I had no idea you could upgrade them anymore. I thought once the whale oil was used up the screen went black.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have not turned one on in months. So, looking at one now I see the last map set I was able to upgrade to was the 2019.2. After that there was no support from Garmin on these receivers even though I had the lifetime map upgrade. The most current map set I have is 2021.1 and I am using it on my 14XX series receivers.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I have not turned one on in months. So, looking at one now I see the last map set I was able to upgrade to was the 2019.2. After that there was no support from Garmin on these receivers even though I had the lifetime map upgrade. The most current map set I have is 2021.1 and I am using it on my 14XX series receivers.
Interested in selling the unit with the 2019.2 map set? Is it fully functional and contain all (or part) of North America? Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts