GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering getting a Garmin 2730.
I understand that it is being discontinued, but is it still seems like a good model.
It is a NON hard drive unit, with MP3, player, waterproof.
and I really dont use Blustooth

Any Comments will be appreciated

·
Registered
272 Posts
cj I have the 2730 have been using it for 9 months. I have had no problems with it. The mp3 is a bit small. If you delete the voices you will not be using you can get up to 1 Gig ( 250 - 280 songs ). The xm works fine. The maps of US come loaded on the unit. I use mapsource on the computer then load the routes on the unit. I am very happy with it. If I were buying now I would consider the Zuma, or the Iway 600, the 600 is suppose to be shipping soon and I'm sure there will be some reviews on this forum.
You should be able to get a good buy on the 2730 now that it is discontinued.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
cjmitch said:
...Any Comments will be appreciated
I had the 2730 for a short time. The dealer understood this unit displayed NEXRAD images. So I ordered one, got the XM set up but never could get the NEXRAD to work...well, of course not, this unit does not display these images.

I sent it back and replaced it with the Garmin 478.

Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
41 Posts
GARMIN 2730

I Too are using the Garmin 2730. I love it. I wished I bought lt when it first came out. I placed the Hockey Puck (XM Antenna) on the passenger armrest magnetic mount using a extention cable. I too don't use the Blue tooth. Just do your shopping and get the best price. After you make your purchase contact Garmin and recieve your free 8th addition update.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Great unit if you like fogging of the screen. A problem that Garmin admits to on all street pilot series. Go to GetFeetWet.com for a great Zumo 550 price. That's what I did.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I bought one of the first 2730's. Excellent Unit, very happy with it.

Unless you need/want blue tooth no reason to buy a more expensive unit.

I'd like to move the 2730 into my wife's Accord and put a Zumo on the Wing, but the dang SPIII that is currently in the Accord refuses to die :!: :wink:

How does Garmin make money if their GPS units keep running forever :?: :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the 2730 unit and loved it but did get the condensation on the screen so I called Garmin and after I refused to send my unit in for a refurbished unit and wait 3 weeks, her supervisor told her to send me a brand new 2820 if that was okay with me which it was.

Pretty much to same unit except for BT and a couple of other features.

·
Registered
319 Posts
pshivers said:
I'd like to move the 2730 into my wife's Accord and put a Zumo on the Wing, but the dang SPIII that is currently in the Accord refuses to die :!: :wink:

How does Garmin make money if their GPS units keep running forever :?: :)
Ha -- That was the same story with MY SPIII. I just wanted something "new and improved" so I bought the Zumo (almost pulled the trigger on a 2730 or 2820, both wonderful units but too SPIII-like). Hmmm, maybe that IS one reason how Garmin keeps making the money. People like me just fed up with the longevity. Die already, would ya?! :wink: Kudos to Garmin.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Just found a 2730 (with the GXM 30™) at Getfeetwet, $579.99.

Not bad...Hmmmmmm, two 2730's may not be bad either.... :wink:

(that's about $220 less than a Zumo with a GXM 30™ antenna.)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
What's the deal with getfeetwet? I go there and see the 2610 refurb for $324, but can't find the price for a new one. Can't even put it in the cart. Do I have to register to buy something there?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
That's called 'obsolete inventory reduction' but that's a great price, especially considering the GXM-30 antenna is typically found for just over $200 by itself...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts