GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a refurb 2730 to mount on my 01, and have several questions, but will just ask you guys one to start with - Is the audio out connection on the 2730 included in that "slide-on" connector with the eight copper contacts? If so, what is the female jack for on the power cord? Now that I have demonstrated my level of technical knowledge, send me any other hints or links that might be helpful. Thanks in advance; you guys are a great help and I really appreciate it! Dave in MN

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
There are two audio output possibilities on the 2730. The 3.5mm output jack on the left side of the unit is intended for the music and voice output from the GPS. You can either plug in a set of headphones or connect this to an AUX input like we have in the LH fairing pocket.

All of the StreetPilot 2xxx-series units also have a voice output signal included in the power plug on the back and this is fed to the 2.5mm mono output jack on the Garmin M/C cable.

If you plug a cable into the stereo jack on the side of the unit, the system outputs all audio to that port and nothing will come out of the power cable connection on the back.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use a 2730 with XM and use the side audio out plug into the aux of the goldwing audio, works perfect.

You can use the FM option but if your traveling through many towns on a long trip it seems you can never find a frequency that is dead for all cities and town so you have to keep finding a new one. So the aux option is the way to go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jon and Soggy

Just as you said - hooked it up per your suggestions, and it works fine! Thanks Dave in MN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts