GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Roady XM and recently purchased the Garmin2730. I transferred my Roady account to my Garmin XM account. Now when I listen to XM I have to turn the volume to 21 when before while using the Roady I had the volume set at 16. I have adjusted the volume control in my 2730 to 100%. Is there another control I'm not aware of or is this something I'll have to live with. Really, it's no problem but more of a curiosity question. Thank You.

W

·
0 Posts
When I was using the FM, I had a simular problem. I had to wire direct to fix the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have said I installed the kennedy wiring harness and it is playing through my audio jack. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2730 garmin volume

There is an adjustment in your menu for separate (vocal instructions) ,(xm ) and (Ipod) volumes. They can start at 100% and be reduced by 10% segments individually.In my case ,the xm was too loud to clearly understand the navigation instructions in heavy traffic so I lowered the volume by 10%!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice Dyama. I checked my settings and all are at 100%. I did try another helmet/headset and the volume was better in the 2nd helmet. I don't understand why the volume changed from 1 unit to the other in the 1st helmet. Oh well, I will live with what I've got.

·
Registered
262 Posts
2730 volume

You don't have to use the Kennedy equipment.
Get a noise filter from the Electicial connection
and extention for the aux line and plug into the 2730
and everything will work fine, plenty of volume

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read a lot of posts prior to buying the Kennedy harness and all I read said to use the harness. I wish I would have read I didn't need the Kennedy set before shelling out $125.00. Oh well, lol, that's my luck. If there is a post stating not to use the harness I must have missed it. Thanks for the post Whiskers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: 2730 volume

Whiskers said:
Can you elaborate on the noise filter?? Where do you get it and where do you plug it inline?? Do I buy a noise filter and plug my feed from my XM Radio into that and then plug that into the Aux input of my Autocom Super Pro AVI??? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Re: 2730 volume

xxxrider said:
Whiskers said:
Can you elaborate on the noise filter?? Where do you get it and where do you plug it inline?? Do I buy a noise filter and plug my feed from my XM Radio into that and then plug that into the Aux input of my Autocom Super Pro AVI??? Thanks.
Check it out...here: http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/filter.htm

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am looking to buy a device that allows me or my passenger to mute their mics so as not to cause interference with the music if you are singing or smoking or coughing, etc. and I have heard that mic-mutes has such a device. I need it for an Autocom Super Pro AVI Intercom System. Anyone know of anyone else who does this type of muting???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts